Masters Program in Counseling Psychology is offered under the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences through autonomous school. The Campus is ideally located at CEDA Building, Tribhuvan University, Kirtipur. The program was started since 2017 A.D. by Tribhuvan University.
The need for psychology is felt in every sphere of life that is why psychology has become one of the most reputed domains of learning worldwide. Despite its short history as a scientific discipline, it has become one of the subjects having more than 100 sub-disciplines with many applied areas. Concepts in psychology apply to almost all other areas including nursing, medicine, management, and engineering.
Counseling psychologists help people with physical, emotional and mental health issues improve their sense of well‐being, alleviate feelings of distress and resolve crises. They also provide assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of more severe psychological symptoms.
Through the rigorous and comprehensive curriculum in Counseling Psychology, containing an adequate amount of theory and practicals, the Campus is committed to producing highly qualified graduates/psychologists that cater the demand of Counselors, Mental Health Professionals, and Counseling Psychologists in the Country.
Candidates seeking admissions in Master's In Counseling Psychology must have passed Bachelor's Degree in the following subjects with at least Second division.
1. BA degree with major in psychology OR,
2. Bachelor in Social Work (BSW) OR,
3. Any Bachelor’s degree in Science (BSc) OR,
4. Bachelor in Education OR,
5. Master of Arts in Sociology/ Anthropology OR,
6. Any Masters and 6 months training in Psychology OR,
7. Nursing/MBBS/BHP/Health Management/Any health or medicine degree OR,
8. BBA/BIM etc. ( Management degree with psychology, OB) OR,
9. Post Graduate Diploma in Psychology OR,
10. Any other academic bachelor degree other than other degree eg BBS **
** Note: Such students must have at least 9 credits with courses in General Psychology, Research Methodology, Organizational Behaviour/ Critical Thinking.
The candidate will be selected for admission based on merit as given below:
Applicants will take a written examination of 1 hour for admissions in M.A. in Counseling Psychology program. The entrance examination will consist of 50 questions of 100 marks. Students will be selected based on merit within the limit of total enrollment provision of the University.