The size and the location of the classroom, besides the physical amenities available in it, also have a considerable impact on the learning attitude of the students. A clean, spacious, adequately ventilated, and well-lighted classroom equipped with all the modern audio-visual teaching aids will always have a positive influence on the students, making them more receptive, cheerful, and enthusiastic. Classrooms at Phoenix are spacious, lavishly furnished, and equipped with a built-in AC system.
Every attempt has been made to develop the College’s library into an intellectual and social resource center designed to meet the diverse information needs of its students, teachers, and office personnel. The Library Programs are constructed to help students to function in the emerging Information Society. As a gateway to information, the PCM’s library is a repository of accumulated knowledge and an access point to current resources. To meet the student’s needs, the library is open six days a week from 6:30 AM to 4:00 PM and boasts of a wide collection of text/reference books, research works, journals, maps, newspapers, pamphlets, catalogs, microforms, bound periodicals, government publications, manuals, manuscripts, photographs, and other reading materials. Apart from having educational Video Cassettes, CDs, Audio Cassettes, Slides, and LaserDiscs, the library also has comfortable listening and viewing areas equipped with all the necessary electronic gadgets.
E-Library Section having a couple of multimedia computers with internet connections for browsing and access of valuable information. To reinforce the PCM’s library, Lincoln University E-Library provides students the 24-hour approach to millions of e-books, research works; journals, and an interactive forum for exchanging students’ learning experiences with each other.
Well furnished and secured hostel accommodation are available for both girls and boys. IT Lab to develop and enhance the student’s skills in computing, now considered a major requirement for all students, regardless of their disciplines, PCM is equipped with a modern Computer Laboratory consisting of updated Computer Hardware loaded with all necessary Software and with unlimited internet facility via cable and wi-fi. All the students, irrespective of their interests and choice of subjects are prompted to utilize the powerful vehicle of Information Technology, viz., the Internet to access valuable information and boost their knowledge.
PCM incites its students to take part according to their interests, needs, and abilities, in the college’s physical fitness programs intended to foster basic human qualities like self-assurance, comradeship, team spirit, and co-operation. To supplement and enrich the first priority of college life: academic accomplishment, PCM sponsors a well-rounded program of inter-college and inter-mural athletics/sports for boys and girls. Besides having a spacious playground with a basketball court, other facilities such as table tennis, volleyball, and other indoor games are also available for the recreation of students.
Recreational activities as an integral part of the College’s extracurricular activities greatly enhance the development of an individual’s potentialities and inclinations, which at a later stage can be exploited by oneself for his own advantage. Recreational activities offer opportunities for the students to learn new skills, explore their potentialities, and expand their talents through creative planning and programming. Phoenix undertakes all efforts to provide the environment and offer facilities, necessary for the implementation of such activities.
Common extracurricular activities like eloquent competitions, debates, literary symposiums, excursions, treks, community service campaigns, social welfare campaigns, cultural shows, exhibitions, fairs, etc., are organized on a regular basis, to develop in the students, efficient leadership qualities, harmonious interpersonal relationships, firm team spirit, modesty and above all an attitude of giving & take. Food & Catering Services
Apart from snacks and beverages, wholesome, fresh, & hygienic vegetarian/nonvegetarian meals, rich and nutritious in content, satisfying the palate of the students drawn from different communities and cultural backgrounds are served at PCM Cafeteria. Strict hygiene is always maintained inside the dining hall as well as in the kitchen, and no compromise on the quality of the foodstuffs, cooking ingredients, and cleaning materials is made.
Located near Anamnagar Bridge at Bijuli Bazar, the College is easily accessible through public transport from every corner of the valley. Nevertheless, the college provides its own shuttle service for those students who opt for such.
There are two intakes for MBA: March (Spring) Session and September (Fall) Session. The admission for the March session starts in January and the admission for the September session starts in July.
There is only one intake for BBA in November (Fall) session. The admission starts in September.
The procedure for admission to MBA or BBA is as follows:
1. Fill up the Application for Admission Form which is available on the College Front Desk or it can be downloaded from the website of Phoenix College (www.phoenixcollege.edu.np).
2. Along with the Application for Admission Form, you will be provided a sample Entrance Exam. Candidates will have to read the sample Entrance Exam paper and appear in the Entrance Exam as per convenience during College hours from 6:00 am to 2:00 pm.
3. The Entrance Exam result will be published the next day and the candidate may collect the offer letter which will be valid for a week. Hence the admission has to be done within a week.
Phoenix College of Management provides scholarships to meritorious, needy and deserving students. Scholarships are also granted to students from marginal & under privileged communities and remote areas. Such scholarships are reserved as per the norms and regulations of the Ministry of Education (MoE), Nepal.
- Phoenix Fellowship (PF)Phoenix Fellowship is a performance based award established to offer financial support to graduating students. Students can apply for PF every year. The fellowship shall be awarded to those who work successfully to become qualified graduates.
- Phoenix Talents Scholarship (PTS)PTS is awarded to selected students from each program. National talents in the field of sports, music, art, and literature can be considered eligible for such scholarships.
- Phoenix Welfare Scholarship (PWS)PWS is awarded to needy and deserving students from marginalized and disadvantaged strata of the society. This scholarship is awarded to six students from each faculty and provides financial assistance equivalent to college fee.
- Lincoln University College
- Established 2012 AD
- private Institution