The Commission for the Investigation
of Abuse of Authority today arrested 14 high-ranking officials of
Mid-western University, Surkhet, including Vice-Chancellor Padam Lal
Devkota and Registrar Thakendra Prakash Giri.
has charged them with misusing varsity funds, violating Corruption
Prevention Act. A press release issued by CIAA Spokesman Shreedhar
Sapkota states that the arrests were made to prevent them from
Arrested officials with name and their designation:
- Vice-Chancellor: Padam Lal Devkota
- Registar: Thakendra Prasad Giri
Other arrested officials are:
- Service Commission Chairman Nabaraj Kandel
- Member Shriram Prasad Upadhayay,
- Dean of Science and Technology Department and member of the Executive Council Keshar Singh Rana,
- Humanity and Sociology Department Dean Masta Bahadur Garanja,
- Dean of Educational Science Lalmani Acharya,
- Readers Ganesh Bahadur Rawat and Sudan Gauli,
- Investigation Officer Parasmani Giri,
- Assistant Administrators Jiwan Kumar Thapa and Gagan Singh Bohara
- Senior Assistant Ganesh Bahadur KC.
CIAA is also looking for Dean of the Engineering Department Ramchandra
Aryal and Account Controller Kamal KC, who have been absconding.