- Fee:NPR 96,400 to 496,400
Far Western University offers the Master of Science (M.Sc.) program in Construction Project Management with an aim to produce highly qualified human resources capable of carrying out professional work and conducting independent research in Construction Project Management. The key objective of the program is to provide the students with the technical and analytical skills of Construction Project Management and acquaint them with advanced methods of Construction Project Management. The graduates of the program will be able to (i) carry out higher studies and independent research; and (ii) practice professionally as a Project Manager in construction projects. The minimum period for completion of the M.Sc. in Construction Project Management Programme is 4 semesters for full-time students; however, the maximum period a student is allowed to complete the program is 8 semesters (4 years).
Number of Seats
Altogether 30 students will be admitted to the MSc Construction Project Management program in each academic year. Students can apply for admission in different categories (i) Regular, (ii) Full-Pay and (iii) Sponsored.
|1||Construction Project Management||4||18||8||30|
- Regular Category: Altogether 4 students will be admitted in the regular category including 2 in open, 1 woman, and 1 staff quota. For staff quota, the applicant must be a staff/teacher of FWU. The staff/teacher must be in a permanent tenure at FWU or as a Full-Time Contract Based service with at least 5 years of continuous working experience at FWU. Full
- Pay Category: Altogether 18 students will be admitted in the Full-Pay category
- Sponsored Category: Altogether 8 students will be admitted in Sponsored category
Far Western University offers Scholarships to 4 (four) students in MSc degree in Construction Project Management program under different categories including merit-based scholarships, woman, and staff quotas.
Scholarship/Admission category and selection criteria
- A Merit list of students who pass the Entrance Examination will be prepared first, and then students will be selected for scholarship and admission on the basis of their entrance score/merit list.
- Two students will be provided merit-based scholarships (Top Rank Holders)
- One student will be provided a scholarship in woman's category
- One student will be provided a scholarship on the staff quota. For staff quota, the candidate must be a staff/teacher of FWU. The staff/teacher must be in a permanent tenure at FWU or as a Full-Time Contract Based service with 5 years of continuous working experience at FWU.
- Candidates should fill out the application form appropriately and must be readable.
- The scholarship will not be provided if a student does not satisfy the criteria defined for the scholarship for women and staff quota. If a scholarship quota remains vacant (i.e. no one is eligible to receive a scholarship on any one of the designated quotas), the scholarship will not be transferred to other scholarship quotas.
- For the full-Pay category, the merit list of students will be published based on their scores secured in the entrance examination.
- Candidates applying for sponsored quota must have submitted the necessary documents including a Letter of Intent for sponsoring the candidates from the registered organization before the entrance examination. For sponsored quota, the merit list of students will be published based on their scores secured in the entrance examination. Students who apply for sponsored quota compete only for this category (Sponsored-quota)
- If the sponsored quotas are not fulfilled, the remaining number of vacant sponsored seats will be transferred to the Full-Pay quota.
- If two or more students secure similar marks in the Entrance Examination and happen to have similarities in other criteria, the merit list of these students will be published based on their overall grade received in an undergraduate degree. If the overall grades at the undergraduate level are also the same along with similar entrance scores and other criteria, the highest score on the subjects (i) Mathematics, (ii) Professional Practice, and (iii) Engineering Economics at the undergraduate level will be considered respectively for preparing the merit list.
- If any scholarship quota remains vacant due to none or a lower number of applicants, or if none of the applicants pass the entrance examination, the vacant seat of the scholarship quota will be added to the list of the Full-Pay category.
- If the students from the first admission list do not admit within the designated date and time, they are not considered for admission and the students from the waiting list will be provided an opportunity for admission, specifically based on their merit scores.
|Tuition fee (Per Semester)||20000||70000||120000|
|In Semester Exam Fee (Per Semester)||1000||1000||1000|
|Seminar/ Workshop fee||2000||2000||2000|
|Student welfare fund||1000||1000||1000|
|Institution Development Fund||4500||4500||4500|
|ID Card Fee||200||200||200|
|At the time of Admission||33,400||83,400||133,400|
|Total (for 4 semesters)||96400||296,400||496,400|
- Candidates should have studied Bachelor of Engineering Degree in Civil or Civil and Rural or Hydropower or Agriculture or Architecture from the recognized academic institutions.
- Candidates should have scored a minimum of 45% or a CGPA of 2 (on a scale of 4) in the undergraduate level.
- Publication of entrance notice: The entrance notice shall be published usually 30 days ahead of the entrance schedule /date
- Mode of application submission: The application shall be submitted physically or online
- Application processing fee: The application processing fee shall be NRs 3000. Far Western University may increase the application fee by up to 10% per year.
- Application submission pack: The application submission pack shall include:
- Citizenship certificate in case of Nepali citizen and copy of passport and/or national identity document in case of foreign students.
- Attested copies of certificates (transcript/mark sheet/grade sheet, provisional certificate, transfer certificate, and character certificate) of SEE (or equivalent), 10+2 examination of NEB (or equivalent classes), and BE degree.
- Candidates applying for staff quota must submit proof of FWU staff currently working at Far Western University.
- Equivalence certificate of academic degrees received from foreign countries.