- Fee:NPR 270,000
M Ed in Leadership and Management is a revised Two-Years Program of M Ed in Educational Management of Kathmandu University School of Education (KUSOED).This program intends to develop educational leaders who are responsible for ensuring students’ optimal learning ability in schools and these educational leaders can interpret national and global trends and issues in the school setting. An attempt will be made to impart essential knowledge, skills and attitudes needed for an effective school Principal and educational leader who can provide dynamic leadership for change and innovation, academic success and optimum satisfaction of stakeholders.
The two year M Ed program has four semesters. The program is of 54 credit hours. There are 2 (two) core courses of 6 Cr,edit hours 11(eleven) specialization courses of 33 Credit hours, 2 (two) elective courses of 6 Credit hours and 3 (three) practical courses of 9 Credit hours.
- Need based: One of the major features of the program is to address the need of the secondary, higher secondary schools and other education related institutes. Formal and informal interaction with teachers, teacher educators, school principals, teacher education experts, teacher development organizers and materials developers have demonstrated a need of educational leaders to drive educational institution.
- Practice-based and skills oriented: The students will undergo practical experience by literally undertaking tasks of managing and leading organizations, facilitating professional development workshops, undertaking small scale research projects and developing materials. The use of ICT in managing and leading schools is highly valued. When they come out from the University, they will be expected to be independent practitioners in the field.
- Conducive learning environment: A high quality team that includes educators, managers, leaders and visiting faculty with a sound, firsthand experience of leaders development, preparing educators and research in education management and leadership will be involved to run the program. The prospective students will be oriented to use the available resources, such as library and computer facilities. The learning will be backed up by continuous assessment and feedback system.
- Internationally comparable: The course has been developed after a thorough survey of the Master’s Course in Education Management and Leadership of different universities. The intellectual challenge intended to be triggered by this course and the practical exposures are actually comparable to the ones of those universities. The postgraduates will come out with knowledge and skills sound enough to work in international arena.
For enrolment in two-year M Ed in Leadership and Management program, the candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline (B. Ed/BA/B. Sc) or any equivalent degree recognized by Kathmandu University with second division or CGPA 2.5/4 in aggregate.
- Assume Rewarding Leadership Roles in Organizations
- Develop Start-up Enterprises
- School Leaders
- Educators and Trainers
The taught courses have been divided mainly into three categories: Core courses, specialization and elective. Core courses are common to all M Ed students. Specialization courses have been designed to develop conceptual understanding of key management and leadership ideas in educational institutes with a view to develop professionalism among the graduates in the areas of management and leadership of education. Internship and research projects are the practical courses. The details of the courses are given in the following table.