This course is based on the job required to perform by the Junior Architect/Draftsperson (Diploma engineers) at different levels of public and private sectors physical infrastructures development related architecture engineering works in Nepal. Therefore, this curriculum is designed to provide knowledge and skills focusing on architecture Engineering related to the occupation.
There are six semesters in total within the period of three years. The first year courses are offered focusing on foundational and core subjects of engineering; the second year courses are focused on basic disciplinary subjects of architecture Engineering. Similarly, the third year whole courses comprise of the disciplinary subjects related to building design, construction and working drawings. Moreover, the third year insists on the application of learned skills and knowledge through the Quantity surveying, specification and project work.
The foundational subjects like Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics are offered in diffusion model of curricular program are applicable in the field of architecture Engineering. It also includes language subjects like Nepali and English applicable for the communication in the same area. The disciplinary subjects of architecture Engineering are offered in this program are included in all semesters. The curriculum structure and the subject wise content that reflect the details of this curriculum.
In brief, this curriculum will guide to its implementer to produce competent and highly employable middle level technical workforce in the field of architecture engineering. The contents of individual subjects prescribed in the curriculum are incorporated in the light of "must know and must do" principle of knowledge and skills for this level.
Programme objectives of Diploma in Architecture Engineering (DAR)
This curriculum has following objectives to:
1. Prepare technicians who are capable of undertaking works in architecture engineering field as architecture engineering technicians under rural and urban development planning, design and development of building construction and other civil infrastructures development related departments and sectors;
2. Produce middle level competent technical workforce/human resources that could provide supervisory works of architecture engineering;
3. Prepare technical workforce who will demonstrate positive attitude and respect for the profession and socio-cultural values;
4. Help in meeting the demand of required architecture engineering technicians for the public and private infrastructure design and development of Nepal; and
5. Create self employment opportunities.
Target group: The target group for this programme will be all interested individuals who passed School Leaving Certificate (SLC) with English, Science, and Mathematics or equivalent and related Technical School Leaving Certificate (TSLC).
Group size: The group size will be maximum of 48 (Forty eight) in a batch.
Pattern of attendance:
Minimum of 90% attendance in each subject is required to appear in the respective final
Medium of instruction:
The medium of instruction will be in English and/or Nepali
Provision of back paper:
There will be the provision of back paper but a student must pass all the subjects of all six
semesters within six years from the enrolment.
The students must secure minimum of 40% marks both in theory and practical (Lab). Moreover,
the students must secure minimum of 40% marks in the internal assessment and 40% in the final
semester examination of each subject to pass all subjects offered in each semester.
Grading system: The overall achievement of each student will be measured by a final aggregate percentage of all final semester examinations and graded as follow: - Marks division:
- Distinction : > or =80 %
- First division : 65 % to < 80 %
- Second division : 50 % to 65 %
- Pass : 40 % to < 50 %
Certification and degree awards:
- Students who have passed all the components of all subjects of all six semesters are considered to have successfully completed the course.
- Students who have successfully completed the course will be awarded with a degree of Diploma in Architecture Engineering.
Entry qualification of the applicant for diploma in civil engineering program should be SLC pass or equivalent or Technical SLC (TSLC) in related subject. S/he should have English, Science, and Compulsory Mathematics in SLC or as per provisions mentioned on CTEVT admission guidelines.
- Should submit SLC or equivalent certificate
- Should pass entrance examination as administered by CTEVT
Selection: Applicants fulfilling the entry criteria will be selected for admission on the basis of merit.
The graduates will be eligible for the position equivalent to Non-gazetted 1st class (technical) as
Junior Architect/Draftsperson (Diploma engineers) or as prescribed by the Public Service
Commission of Nepal. The graduate will be eligible for registration with the related Council in
the grade as provisioned in the related Council Act (if any).