Bachelor of Business Administration in Finance and Accounting (BBA-FA) program is 4 years undergraduate degree in Business Administration. The course structure is designed to provide students with essential knowledge in the fields of Finance, Accounting, Marketing, Operations, Human Resource and other functional business areas. In this regard, an effort will be made to create awareness among students with respect to culture, environment and challenges of business organization through classroom lectures, assignment, project & presentations, case studies, industrial visits, special workshops, seminars etc. BBA-FA graduates are expected to develop the following skills after completing the undergraduate degree (BBA-FA):
- Managerial Skills
- Communication Skills
- Decision Making Skills
- Entrepreneurial skills
BBA-FA Program’s Mission and Objectives:
Mission of LBC's Bachelor of Business Administration in Finance and Accounting (BBA-FA) Program is to develop socially responsible, creative, and result oriented management professionals to fill up the middle level managerial positions in the rapidly growing business sector in Nepal and abroad.
Specific Objectives of the BBA-FA Program:
- Prepare students to take-up middle level managerial positions in any organization.
- Develop students' skill in object-oriented business management capable of understanding and solving practical business problems creatively.
- Provide professional management education with a blend of computer and management information system courses.
- Prepare students to proceed onto postgraduate level study in business administration.
- Prepare students to identify the need of the society & help the society to fulfill the social needs.
The candidate applying for admission to the BBA-FA program must have:
- Successfully completed a twelve-year schooling or its equivalent from any university, board or institution recognized by Tribhuvan University.
- Students who have passed 10+2 or equivalent examinations from recognized academic institute with second division (securing 45% and above) or 1.8 CGPA are eligible to enroll in this program and
- Complied with all the application procedure.
Eligible applicants are required to appear in the entrance test commonly known as LBC Management Admission Test (LBCMAT). The test will follow the international testing pattern and standards. It includes the areas like:
- Verbal ability
- Quantitative ability
- Logical reasoning
- General awareness
There shall be altogether one hundred (100) objective questions in the LBCMAT containing twenty (25) questions in each section with a total weight of 100 marks. Student must secure a minimum grade or percentage declared by the examination committee in the LBCMAT in order to qualify for the interview.
Applicants securing above cut off point marks in the LBCMAT will be short-listed. Only short listed candidates will be interviewed and selected for admission.
The general teaching pedagogy includes class lectures, group discussions, case studies, guest lectures, student presentation, role play, research work, project work (individual and group), assignments (theoretical and practical), and term papers. The teaching faculty will determine the choice of teaching pedagogy as per the need of the course. The concerned faculty shall develop a detailed course outline and work plan at the beginning of each semester and also recommends the basic text and other reference materials for
effective teaching-learning of the course modules.
During the 7th semester, students shall be attached to organizations where they have to work for a period of eight weeks. Each student shall prepare an individual project report in the prescribed format based on his / her work in the respective organization assigned to him / her. Evaluation of the internship shall be based on the confidential report by the organization, project report
and presentation of the report. The report must be submitted before the end of the seventh semester. Students must secure a minimum grade of "B" or 60-69.9% in the internship. The internship carries a weight equivalent to 3 credit hours.
UNDER GRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT REPORT
Student shall have to write an Under Graduate Research Project Report (URPR) in 8th semester. It carries six credit of 200 marks. It starts from the beginning of eight semester and shall have to complete within 90 days immediately after the completion of 8th semester end examination.
- English I (3)
- Mathematics for Management I (3)
- Principles of Management (3)
- Financial Accounting I (3)
- Information Technology for Management (3)
- English II (3)
- Mathematics for Management II (3)
- Micro Economics (3)
- Financial Accounting II (3)
- Fundamentals of Marketing (3)
- Macro Economics (3)
- Business Statistics (3)
- Introduction to Finance (3)
- Organizational Behavior (3)
- Foundation of Psychology (3)
- Foundation of Sociology (3)
- Corporate Finance (3)
- Human Resource Management (3)
- Cost and Management Accounting (3)
- Quantitative Techniques for Management (3)
- Business Research Methods (3)
- Business Communication (3)
- Business Environment in Nepal (3)
- Operations Management (3)
- Business Analytics (3)
- Financial Institutions and Markets (Specialization) (3)
- Foundation of Bank Accounting (Specialization) (3)
- Commercial Law (3)
- Management (3)
- Information System (3)
- Investment Analysis Contemporary Accounting (3)
- Micro Finance (3)
- Taxation (3)
- Elective I (3)
- Society and Business Ethics (3)
- Foundation of International Business (3)
- Elective II (3)
- Financial derivatives (3)
- Auditing (3)
- Internship (3)
- E-Commerce (3)
- Strategic Management (3)
- Bank Management (3)
- Treasury Management (3)
- Computer based financial accounting (3)