Bachelor in Buddhism, Travel and Tourism Management (BBTTM) is a four-years eight semesters program designed to produce professional human resource for the dynamically growing travel and tourism sector of Nepal. This program explores the wide variety of services provided by today’s travel and tourism industry while developing the business knowledge and skills required for success in the private and public sector of tourism.
A student needs to complete 120 credit hours of course work, electives, research project and internship to graduate.
The BBTTM program is a broad-based programme which gives equal emphasis on all the various disciplines in the field of travel and tourism.
Students will be equipped with the essential knowledge, skills, attitudes and ethics necessary to succeed in today’s competitive marketplace, and to work at the pace needed for a successful career.
The rigorous core curriculum provides a solid foundation, rooted in tourism fundamentals. Beyond the core, students are able to tailor their education to meet their goals and interests through a variety of elective courses. The BBTTM program begins with a set of required foundation and core courses and then offers more specialized courses.
The course designed to produce the professional human resource for the dynamically growing travel and tourism sector of Nepal. Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to handle international tourist service operations including, handling, managing and planning tour, trek and rafting programs; domestic and international air ticketing; appreciate tourism development planning; implement sustainable tourism management policies; and be able to purser further advanced course in travel and tourism management.
- To provide the basic and essential knowledge regarding various activities undertaken by tourism industry and
- necessary knowledge and skill to work in the industry.
- To impart certain basic skills and aptitude which will be useful in taking up any activity in Tourism Industry.
- To develop the personality to become responsible citizen with greater awareness about the Indian society and its culture.
- To provide a global view of several multinational tourism business houses and their functions.
- To provide knowledge, skill and attitude to set up tourism related establishment.
The overall objective of this program is to provide a good foundation for students to develop their theoretical as well as empirical knowledge on the field of Buddhism, Travel and Tourism Management. This course has been designed to prepare the students to enter the hospitality industry as middle management level employees and to serve in travel and tourism sectors.
Upon completion of the course the students will be able to:
Gain an understanding of travel and tourism and its operation both theoretically and practically;
Gain knowledge about not just the fundamentals of travel and tourism but also about the more advanced concepts related to the field;
Gain knowledge about the policies related to travel and tourism;
Understand tourism in the light of Buddhism;
Handle function of international tourist service operation including handling, managing and planning tours, treks,and rafting program;
Handle domestic and international ticketing;
Get employment in national as well as international market;
Develop an entrepreneurship skill in the travel and tourism industry;
Join higher level course in travel and tourism
10+2 in any discipline or Equivalent as recognize by Lumbini Buddhist University with minimum 45% or second division/ 'C' Grade (Average of theory and practical) in each subject on grade 11 and 12.
Candidates will be required to appear for Lumbini Buddhist University’s Admission Test and interview. Admission Test consists of Verbal Ability, Quantitative Ability, Logical Reasoning, and General Awareness. Candidate should be present physically during the admission procedure.
Remember the following points before you appear for admission interview:
- Come in proper grooming (trimmed hair, clean shaven, no slipper and shorts)
- Bring the following documents (both original and copy)# Mark-sheet & character certificate of SLC
- Mark-sheet & character certificate of +2 or equivalent
- Citizenship certificate or Licence or Passport
- Fill up the form before you appear for the interview (only if you haven’t)
- Come in the proper time you are asked for (at least half an hour before the interview time)Admission will be done on the first-come-first-serve basis from the students who have passed their interview
- Admission should be done within the given date otherwise the seat will be given to another deserving candidate
- English- I
- Comprehensive Tourism Studies
- Buddhism and Nepalese Society
- Tourism Geography
- Principles of Management
- Economics of Tourism
- Travel Trade Operations-I
- Tourism and Hospitality Accounting
- Comprehensive Hospitality Studies
- Travel Trade Operations-II
- Tourism Finance
- Adventure Tourism in Nepal
- Cultural Tourism
- E-tourism 3
- International Language-I
- Tourism and Hospitality Marketing
- Heritage Tourism
- Hotel Operations Management
- Buddhism and Tourism
- Event Management
- Entrepreneurship in Travel and Tourism
- Human Resource Management in Tourism
- Airlines Ticketing (GDS)
- Tourism Crisis and Disaster Management
- Strategic Management for Travel and Tourism
- Tourism Statistics
- Corporate Communications
- Tourism Legislation
- Tourism and Guide
- Cargo Management
- Tourism and Environment
- Research Methodology
- Research Project
- Destination Planning and Management
- Sustainable Tourism
- Pilgrimage Tourism
- Accommodations Management
- Airline Operations Management
- Tourism Planning and Policy