Bachelor in Perfusion Technology is a four years course introduced by Tribhuvan University, Institute of Medicine. TUIoM started Bachelor in Perfusion Technology from the academic year 2075/76.
Perfusion Technology is the study of physiology, pathology and associated equipment helped to support the function of the heart and lungs in medical procedures.
Perfusion is the science of rendering extracorporeal pulmonary circulation as a means of artificial life support, by replacing the respiratory and circulatory system of the patient. Clinical perfusionists are skilled personnel who plays major role during organ transplants and offers life support to critically ill patients.
- Passed 10+2 Science or equivalent (with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology) with 50% aggregate in total marks or CGPA 2.4 OR
- Secured the Percentage equivalent to the above eligibility in regards to the certificate level programs (A-Level) with different grading system OR
- Applicants who have passed the Health Science Proficiency Certificate Level/Diploma (General Medicine, Medical Lab Technology, Ophthalmic Science, Dental Science, Pharmacy, Ayurveda, Radiography, Physiotherapy) containing Physics, Chemistry, and Biology With Certificate of Equivalence to Grade 12 Science program from National Examination Board AND
- Secured at least 50% aggregate in total marks both in Diploma and the Examination for equivalence AND
- Registered in Nepal Health Professional council or Nepal Pharmacy Council or Nepal Ayurveda Councils per related educational program.
Provisions for Admission Process
In order to pass the integrated admission process, a minimum of 50 percent marks should be obtained.
There will be no negative marking for wrong answers.
Candidates who have been successfully selected in the admission process will have to submit the following original and 1/1 photocopy of the following documents to the concerned educational institution at the time of admission.
Certificate of qualification, Transcript and Character Certificate of 10+2 and SLC/SEE or Equivalent.
Copy of Citizenship / Passport.
Admit card of the Entrance Examination.
Documents submitted for reservation.
Certificate of Equivalence for the students with certificates from foreign institutions.
*Foreign candidates wishing to study in the vacated seat for foreign students must fill in the online application form mentioning the academic program of their choice within the time limit mentioned in this notice.
Provisions for Scholarships
As per Rule 20 of the National Medical Education Rules, 2077, out of the total scholarship seats to be awarded to the Government of Nepal at the undergraduate level, 55 percent of the seats will be distributed through open competition and 45 percent of the seats will be distributed on the basis of the following:
Candidates from the Backward community
Families of martyrs, families of disappeared persons, families of injured warriors, and conflict victims
Question Type: Single best response type of multiple-choice questions
Option: Four Options (A,B, C,D)
Number of Questions: 200
Full marks: 200
Duration: 3 hours
Biology, origin, and evolution of life
General characteristics and classification of protozoa to Chordata.
Plasmodium, earthworm, and frog,
Human biology and human diseases
Environmental pollution, adaptation and animal behavior, application of zoology
The basic component of life and biodiversity
Ecology and environment
Cell biology and genetics
Anatomy and physiology
Developmental and applied botany
General and physical chemistry
Heat and thermodynamics
Geometrical optics and physical optics
Current electricity and magnetism
Sound waves, electrostatics, and capacitors
Modern physics and nuclear physics
Solid and semiconductor devices (electronics)
Particle physics, source of energy, and universe
Spatial relation/Abstract reasoning
Medical Case Review Physician