Reviews, Write Review
Admission open for 4 years Bachelor in Biomedical Engineering at College of Biomedical Engineering and Allied Sciences (Open: 2017-08-08 Close: 2017-08-24)
Entrance Exam Notice for Bachelor level Engineering, Agriculture, B. Arch BCA and BIT at Purbanchal University (Open: 2017-07-19 Close: 2017-08-24)
College of Biomedical Engineering and Applied Sciences (CBEAS), established in 2005 is affiliated to Purbanchal University and registered with Nepal Engineering Council. There are only a few colleges in Asia providing higher education in Biomedical Engineering and this is the only one in Nepal. Within a very short span of time, this college has established a coveted place in this field and efforts continue to make it a unique institution in the field of Biomedical education. The college uses all its initiations in facilitating new opportunities for students and gain a new height. The college is imparting world class education providing professional opportunities here and aboard.
'Biomedical Engineering' refers to the use of principles of engineering disciplines for clinical diagnosis and therapy, and for investigating the physiological basis of diseases. It provides education on engineering of artificial organs, implantable devices, cardiac assisting devices, imaging and other diagnostic and therapeutic equipment. It also involves development of organs from cells, known as Tissue Engineeri
• CBEAS has already organized two International Conferences in the year 2008 and 2014, inaugurated by Rt. Hon. the President of Nepal and Rt. Hon. the Vice President of Nepal respectively. The third one is proposed for 2019.
• Some of the college graduates, have already completed Ph.D. About 30 college graduates have been directly enrolled to Ph. D programme. Whereas above 40% of college graduates are in Master studies in reputed universities around the globe.
• Most of the graduates of this college have received full scholarships, assistantships or research grants for their higher studies. Some of them have also received prestigious scholarships such as Erasmus Mundus (Europe), Marie Curie fellowship (Italy) and Singa Award (Singapore).
• Some of the CBEAS graduates have established their own companies and have provided jobs to several biomedical engineers.
• Since its inception in the year 2062, we have already produced 7 seven batches with 250 graduates and to the best of our knowledge no graduate is found to be idle/jobless.
Students need to pass the Entrance Examination conducted by Purbanchal University to get admitted in the college.
Notice to fill up the form for Entrance examination is generally published in July and the exam is held in August.
Students from both Maths and/or Biology streams of +2 science or I.Sc. can apply for admissions for Bachelor of Biomedical Engineering (affiliated with Purbanchal University).
10% (5% on the basis of merit + 5% to the minorities, dalits, differently abled, member of martyr family etc..) of the total enrolled students are provided Scholarship as per university rules and regulations.
Dear students and well-wishers!
After more than a decade of establishment and evaluating its performances, we are ourselves astonished to see the significant development that we have achieved. I remember the time, when our first batch of students was admitted in 2005 with their inquisitive eyes, asking many questions about their future. What will happen to us? How shall we progress in the times to come? Can we go for further studies abroad? Shall we find jobs in Nepal? Today above 40% of our graduates are studying abroad, enrolled either in PhD or Masters. Many have already completed and are working abroad in the USA, UK, Canada, Ireland, Germany, Belgium, Finland, Switzerland, Netherlands, Australia, Japan, Singapore, South Korea, China and India with excellent performance and many awarded for achievements. Most of these students have received Research and Teaching Assistantships as well as scholarships including prestigious Erasmus