Reviews, Write Review
College of Biomedical Engineering and Applied Sciences (CBEAS), established in 2005 is affiliated to Purbanchal University and registered with Nepal Engineering Council. There are only a few colleges in Asia providing higher education in Biomedical Engineering and this is the only one in Nepal. Within a very short span of time, this college has established a coveted place in this field and efforts continue to make it a unique institution in the field of Biomedical education. The college uses all its initiations in facilitating new opportunities for students and gain a new height. The college is imparting world class education providing professional opportunities here and aboard.
'Biomedical Engineering' refers to the use of principles of engineering disciplines for clinical diagnosis and therapy, and for investigating the physiological basis of diseases. It provides education on engineering of artificial organs, implantable devices, cardiac assisting devices, imaging and other diagnostic and therapeutic equipment. It also involves development of organs from cells, known as Tissue Engineering.
The main objective is to serve as a centre of excellence by conducting research works and bringing out technocrats with superior skills & commitment. The whole motto concentrates on generating brilliant young talents to face all challenges in this highly competitive global scenario. In order to meet all these, the college plans to introduce Masters Program soon. As a premier Biomedical body, it aims at playing a significant role in the overall development of health sectors of Nepal. In fact, it also mirrors Nepal's growth and development in intellectual field.
Biomedical Engineers are needed all over the world, whether developed, developing or under developed. These engineers are selling like hot cakes in world market. In Nepal also, they are being employed extensively in hospitals, nursing homes, medical colleges and medical equipment companies.
The faculty of CBEAS comprises of experienced, trained and well educated teachers. Many of the college faculties are recognized nationally and internationally for their teaching and research expertise. Guest Lectures from various nationally and internationally renowned professors are conducted very frequently.
• CBEAS has already organized two International Conferences in the year 2008 and 2014, inaugurated by Rt. Hon. the President of Nepal and Rt. Hon. the Vice President of Nepal respectively. The third one is proposed for 2019.
• Some of the college graduates, have already completed Ph.D. About 30 college graduates have been directly enrolled to Ph. D programme. Whereas above 40% of college graduates are in Master studies in reputed universities around the globe.
• Most of the graduates of this college have received full scholarships, assistantships or research grants for their higher studies. Some of them have also received prestigious scholarships such as Erasmus Mundus (Europe), Marie Curie fellowship (Italy) and Singa Award (Singapore).
• Some of the CBEAS graduates have established their own companies and have provided jobs to several biomedical engineers.
• Since its inception in the year 2062, we have already produced 7 seven batches with 250 graduates and to the best of our knowledge no graduate is found to be idle/jobless. Indeed, this must be considered as startling achievement of the college.
• In International Conference on "Biomaterials Implant Devices and Tissue Engineering (BIDTE-12) conducted in India from 6th to 8th January 2012, one paper presented by our student bagged first prize. Apart from this, many articles written by our students have already been published and are being published in National and International Journals.
• On 14th Oct 2014, we have signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Ghent University. Likewise, we have MOU with National Kidney Center, Nepal Orthopedic Hospital. Annapurna Neurological Institute and Allied Sciences in Nepal and Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (IETE), India.
Also, we are working in a very close relationship with IIT Delhi, IIT Chennai, Society for Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine (STERMI) and Society for Biomaterials and Artificial Organs India (SABOI) for the enhancement of quality Education.
• Because of these acts of mutual understanding and partnerships, the Ghent University of Belgium has already provided us a scholarship for the higher studies. Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (CSIRO), Australia also provided six months internship to our students.
• Two graduates from this college have received the most prestigious "Nepal Chhatra Vidya Padak" by the President of Nepal.
• A further milestone in the field of Biomedical human resources in Nepal is that the Ministry of Health, GoN, in its directives of 2070, has clearly mentioned that 100 and above bedded hospitals must have biomedical engineer/s
Students need to pass the Entrance Examination conducted by Purbanchal University to get admitted in the college.
Notice to fill up the form for Entrance examination is generally published in July and the exam is held in August.
Students from both Maths and/or Biology streams of +2 science or I.Sc. can apply for admissions for Bachelor of Biomedical Engineering (affiliated with Purbanchal University).
10% (5% on the basis of merit + 5% to the minorities, dalits, differently abled, member of martyr family etc..) of the total enrolled students are provided Scholarship as per university rules and regulations.