Major Highlights Of The College
• CBEAS has already organized two International Conferences in the year 2008 and 2014, inaugurated by Rt. Hon. the President of Nepal and Rt. Hon. the Vice President of Nepal respectively. The third one is proposed for 2019.
• Some of the college graduates, have already completed Ph.D. About 30 college graduates have been directly enrolled to Ph. D programme. Whereas above 40% of college graduates are in Master studies in reputed universities around the globe.
• Most of the graduates of this college have received full scholarships, assistantships or research grants for their higher studies. Some of them have also received prestigious scholarships such as Erasmus Mundus (Europe), Marie Curie fellowship (Italy) and Singa Award (Singapore).
• Some of the CBEAS graduates have established their own companies and have provided jobs to several biomedical engineers.
• Since its inception in the year 2062, the college have already produced 7 seven batches with 250 graduates and to the best of its knowledge no graduate is found to be idle/jobless. Indeed, this must be considered as startling achievement of the college.
• In International Conference on "Biomaterials Implant Devices and Tissue Engineering (BIDTE-12) conducted in India from 6th to 8th January 2012, one paper presented by our student bagged first prize. Apart from this, many articles written by its students have already been published and are being published in National and International Journals.
• On 14th Oct 2014, the college has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Ghent University. Likewise, it has MOU with National Kidney Center, Nepal Orthopedic Hospital. Annapurna Neurological Institute and Allied Sciences in Nepal and Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (IETE), India.
Also, the college is working in a very close relationship with IIT Delhi, IIT Chennai, Society for Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine (STERMI) and Society for Biomaterials and Artificial Organs India (SABOI) for the enhancement of quality Education.
• Because of these acts of mutual understanding and partnerships, the Ghent University of Belgium has already provided us a scholarship for the higher studies. Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (CSIRO), Australia also provided six months internship to our students.
• Two graduates from this college have received the most prestigious "Nepal Chhatra Vidya Padak" by the President of Nepal.
• A further milestone in the field of Biomedical human resources in Nepal is that the Ministry of Health, GoN, in its directives of 2070, has clearly mentioned that 100 and above bedded hospitals must have biomedical engineer/s
• The college have been providing internship to foreign students and some of its students are also going to foreign countries for internship. The college have already established partnership with International Association for the Exchange of Students for Technical Experience (IAESTE) for this purpose.
Students need to pass the Entrance Examination conducted by Purbanchal University to get admitted in the college.
Notice to fill up the form for Entrance examination is generally published in July and the exam is held in August.
Students from both Maths and/or Biology streams of +2 science or I.Sc. can apply for admissions for Bachelor of Biomedical Engineering (affiliated with Purbanchal University).
10% (5% on the basis of merit + 5% to the minorities, dalits, differently abled, member of martyr family etc..) of the total enrolled students are provided Scholarship as per university rules and regulations.
- Purbanchal University
- ✓ UGC Accredited
- Established 2005
- private Institution
- 01-4441467 | 01-4437822
- Ramshahpath, Putalisadak, Kathmandu