The College of Biomedical Engineering & Applied Sciences (CBEAS), associated with Purbanchal University, was founded in 2005. Situated in a convenient location at Kupondole, Lalitpur, the college offers top-notch education to its students. With outstanding infrastructure and well-appointed classrooms, the college provides all the necessary facilities for the seamless and organized conduct of courses. Notably, CBEAS is a pioneering institution in Asia, being among the very few to offer higher education in Biomedical Engineering at the Bachelor's level.
Major Highlights Of The College
- CBEAS was awarded with the Best private College in Nepal from the Ministry of Education on the occasion of 37th National Education Day-2073 and international literacy day.
- This is the only affiliated college in Nepal, the first among Purbanchal University colleges and the first Engineering College in Kathmandu valley to receive QAA-Institutional Accreditation Certificate from the University Grant Commission (UGC), Nepal.
- The college has successfully organized two International Conferences on "Medical Materials, Devices and Regenerative Medicine (MMDRM)" and one international seminar on “Recent Developments in Biomedical Engineering” in Kathmandu where Professors, scientists, engineers, clinicians and researchers from different countries all over the world, including USA, UK, Australia, Japan, Belgium, China, Singapore, India and Nepal participated and presented papers.
- Above 40% of our graduates are pursuing Masters and PhD programs in reputed Universities around the globe. More than 40 of them have already completed their Ph.D. Most of the graduates of this college have received full scholarships, assistantships or research grants for their higher studies. Some of them have also received prestigious scholarships such as Erasmus Mundus (Europe), Marie Curie fellowship (Italy) and Singa Award (Singapore).
- Some of the CBEAS graduates have established their own companies and have provided jobs to many biomedical engineers.
- Since its inception in the year 2062, we have already produced 13 (Thirteen) batches with above 500 graduates and to the best of our knowledge none of the graduates are found to be unemployed.
- Our students have received first prizes in paper and poster presentations at various national and international conferences. Many articles written by our students have already been published and are being published in international journals like Photodiagnosis & Photodynamic Therapy, Engineering Reports, Dalton Transactions, International Journal of Biomedical & Advance Research, Journal of Engineering in Medicine, International Journal of Creative & Innovative Research in all Studies and many more.
- We have been providing internships to foreign students and some of our students are also going to foreign countries for the same reason. We have already established partnership with International Association for the Exchange of students for Technical Experience (IAESTE) for this purpose.
- Student's intake quota has been increased from 72 to 96 from the last year.
- Students need to pass the Entrance Examination conducted by Purbanchal University to get admitted in the college.
- Students from both Maths and Biology streams of +2 science or I.Sc. with a minimum aggregate grade 'C' or 45% marks can apply for admissions for Bachelor of Biomedical Engineering.
- The candidate must have studied at least 100 marks of Math, Physics, Chemistry and English in +2 Science/ I.Sc. or equivalent and passed with a minimum 45% marks or C grade in each subject.
- 5% scholarship on the basis of merit +
- 5% scholarships on the reservation basis (minorities, dalits, differently abled, member of martyr family etc..)
- Purbanchal University
- ✓ QAA Certified by UGC
- Established 2005
- private Institution
- 01-5911894 | 01-5911895
- Ramshahpath, Putalisadak, Kathmandu