National College of Engineering (NCE) is thrilled to announce the availability of grant funding for innovative and impactful research projects targeting multidisciplinary areas. This grant initiative aims to support academic researchers/scholars and promote collaborative research, expanding knowledge and breakthroughs in interdisciplinary areas. Aiming to support faculties in undertaking their planned research projects and enabling undergraduate scholars to benefit from the faculties’ research projects, College invite research groups (faculties accompanied by at least one undergraduate student) from constituent/affiliated engineering colleges/campuses of universities in Nepal to submit their proposals for consideration.
To attract more applicants, college have strategically planned a two-step proposal call:
- First step (Screening): The Screening Stage will seek short proposals presenting the main proposed ideas and their novelty and significance.
- Second Step (Detail Proposal): The second step will invite detailed proposals only from the applicants whose proposals will pass the screening stage.
- Request for Proposal Release Date: Bhadra 22, 2080 (September 08, 2023)
- First Proposal Submission Deadline: Ashwin 27, 2080 (October 14, 2023: Before midnight)
- Screening Result Notification: Kartik 21, 2080 (November 07, 2023)
- Extended Proposal Submission Deadline: Mangsir 14, 2080 (November 30, 2023)
- Presentation for Selected Applicant: Mangsir 29, 2080 (December 15, 2023)
- Grant Award Notifications: Poush 06, 2080 (December 22, 2023]
- Release of Grant Fund (First Portion): Poush 13, 2080 (December 29, 2023)
- Project Start Date: Poush 16, 2080 (January 01, 2024)
Understanding the obligation towards enhancing the research culture in the nation, National college of Engineering announces the availability of a research grant.
Project duration: One year
Who can apply?
- Faculty and students of engineering campuses/colleges in Nepal can apply for the grant.
How much fund?
- Available minimum fund NRs 10,00,000 (ten laksh in words), NRs. 2,00,000 for each selected research group
Target no. of awardees
- A minimum of five groups
Which research areas?
- Engineering and Applied Science
Minimum participation criteria
- A group consisting of a minimum of one faculty and an undergraduate student
NCE truly believes in providing a research platform to enhance the ability to think critically. This one small step has a potentially large impact toward promoting academic research culture in Nepal.