Embassy of India, Kathmandu invites online applications for Mahatma Gandhi Scholarship from Nepali nationals enrolled in Class-XI in recognized schools/colleges in Nepal.
The online application may please be submitted through web portal http://www.goischolarship.com.... .The last date of submission of application is January 13, 2019.
Students need not to visit the Embassy but have to submit all the documents online which will be verified by the Embassy itself.
Note: Please save the confirmation slip for future use.
- Applicants should be regular student of class XI and studying in any recognized school/college of Nepal. Proof of student studying in Class XI attested by Principal to be uploaded.
- Applicants should have secured at least 60% aggregate marks at High School (SLC)/ Class 10th and mark sheet to be uploaded.
- Applicants should be citizen of Nepal. Citizenship certificate of self or parents to be uploaded.
- Physically challenged candidate should upload proof from CDO/LDO/Municipality Head.
- Family income of the candidate must be less than NRs. 2,00,000/- per annum and income proof should be provided by CDO/LDO/Municipality Head and to be uploaded.
Note: Those who are receiving scholarships from any other source are not eligible to apply.
2. Scholarship Amount and Duration:
Selected students will get a scholarship of NRs.2,000/- per month.
This scholarship will continue in the second year provided that the awardees passed in Class-XI. The student should submit copy of Class XI passed mark sheet immediately after result is announced latest by December 2019.
The scholarship will be discontinued if the awardees fail in class XI or for any other reason that the Embassy may deem necessary.
- Applicants are advised to interact solely with the Education Wing of the Embassy in Kathmandu and the Consulate General of India at Birgunj.
- The applicants should indicate their address and contact telephone/mobile phone numbers/email address clearly in the online Application Form. Any changes in address/telephone/mobile number should be intimidated immediately through letter bearing candidate's signature.
- Filing up of wrong data/information such as marks, etc. and in the absence of documents as mentioned in the 'documents required' column in the online application form will lead to outright rejection and cancellation of the application/candidate/scholarship and no further claim will be entertained.
- Before filing up the application form online, students/guardian are advised to read instructions/guidelines thoroughly, as there in no scope for modification in online system once the form is submitted. The candidate should keep the Email address and password in safe custody for the future correspondence/reference.
- The embassy of India reserves the right to accept or reject any application at its discretion.