The Embassy of India, Kathmandu invites online applications for Mahatma Gandhi and Golden Jubilee Scholarship Schemes from Nepali nationals studying in Nepal.
The Online Application may please be submitted through the web portal www.goischolarship.com.np. The last date of submission of the application is December 16, 2022.
Students need not visit the Embassy but have to submit all the documents online which will be verified by the Embassy itself.
Click here to find details about the Golden Jubilee Scholarship Scheme 2022-23.
Note: Please save the confirmation slip for future use.
Note: Those who are receiving scholarships from any other source are not eligible to apply.
Selected students will get a scholarship of NRs. 2,000/- per month.
The scholarship will continue in the second year provided that the awardees pass in Class XI. The student should submit a copy of class XI passed mark sheet along with the present status of the student stating that he/she is studying in class XII authenticated (with seal) by the principal of the college/institute. The documents should be submitted latest by November 2022 either physically at the Education Wing of the Embassy of India, Kathmandu, or Consulate General of India, Birgunj, or via email: email@example.com, failing which the scholarship may be terminated.
The scholarship will be discontinued if the awardee fails in Class XI or discontinues study or any other valid reason.
1. Applicants are advised to interact/communicate solely with the Education Wing of the Embassy in Kathmandu and the Consulate General of India at Birgunj.
2. The applicants should indicate their address and contact telephone/mobile phone numbers/email address clearly in the online application form, and also upload the recent passport size photograph. Any change in address/ telephone/ mobile number should be intimated immediately through a letter bearing the candidate’s signature.
3. Filling up of wrong data/information such as marks, etc., and in absence of documents as mentioned in the ‘documents required’ column in the online application form will lead to outright rejection and cancellation of the application/candidature/scholarship and no further claim will be entertained.
4. Before filling up the application form online, students/guardians are advised to read instructions/guidelines thoroughly, as there is no scope for modification in the online system once the form is submitted. The candidate should keep the Email address and Password in safe custody for future correspondence/reference.
5. The Embassy of India reserves the right to accept or reject any application at its discretion.