The Embassy of India, Kathmandu invites online applications for the following scholarship schemes of ICCR from Nepali nationals to study in Indian Universities/Institutes for the academic year 2022-2023.
The scholarship scheme is for pursuing Under Graduate courses under General Scholarship Scheme (GSS).
The scholarship scheme is for pursuing Post-Graduate & Doctorate courses under Silver Jubilee Scholarship scheme (SJSS).
1. The Online Applications may please be submitted through A2A Portal and the procedures and norms governing these scholarships are given on the http://www.a2ascholarships.iccr.gov.in/ The A2A Scholarship Portal will be operational from 25th January, 2022.
2. Candidates are advised to go through the ICCR instructions and guidelines carefully for filling up of the online application form with respect to each scholarship scheme.
3. For selection of University/Institute and course, applicants are advised to exercise due diligence and research in a dedicated manner on the specific admission criteria laid down by various. Universities for each subject, and ensure that they submit all relevant documentation as required by the Universities/Institutes in addition to the basic certificates mentioned in the application form. For this, they may refer to the Universities Handbook/University Grants Commission’s website and the concerned institute’s website for eligibility criteria.
1. The applicant should deposit application fee of NRs. 400/- in favor of Education Wing, Embassy of India, Kathmandu in Account No. 17725240200331 at any branch of Nepal SBI, located in Nepal. After deposit of application fee, the applicant should write online application registration number and his/her name on the top of the counterfoil/receipt for identification.
2. Thereafter, the applicant should submit the original counterfoil along with the copy of the application uploaded online directly to (i) the Embassy of India, Kathmandu (all other districts except the districts mentioned under the Consulate General of India, Birgunj); or (ii) Consulate General of India, Birgunj (for those hailing from districts - Bara, Chitwan, Dhanusha, Mahottari, Makwanpur, Parsa, Rautahat & Sarlahi), as the case may be. Application fee once deposited will not be refunded or adjusted.
The Embassy of India only entertains applications directly from the applicant himself/herself. The Embassy does not recognize or receive applications through any so-called Education Consultants/Middlemen/Agencies in Nepal. Students are advised to beware of such unscrupulous persons/agencies. Applications found to have been received through such agencies/persons are liable to be rejected.