The Embassy of India, Kathmandu invites online applications for the following scholarship schemes of ICCR from Nepali nationals to study in Indian Universities/Institutes for the academic year 2023-2024.
SILVER JUBILEE SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME (SJSS) 2023-24
The scholarship scheme is for pursuing Post-Graduate & Doctorate courses under Silver Jubilee Scholarship scheme (SJSS).
The Last Date for submission of application for these scholarships is April 30, 2023 (Sunday).
How to Apply
- The Online Applications may please be submitted through A2A Portal and the procedures and norms governing these scholarships are given on the http://www.a2ascholarships.iccr.gov.in/ The A2A Scholarship Portal will be operational from 20th February, 2023.
- Candidates are advised to go through the ICCR instructions and guidelines carefully for filling up of the online application form with respect to each scholarship scheme.
- For selection of University/Institute and course, applicants are advised to exercise due diligence and research in a dedicated manner on the specific admission criteria laid down by various. Universities for each subject, and ensure that they submit all relevant documentation as required by the Universities/Institutes in addition to the basic certificates mentioned in the application form. For this, they may refer to the Universities Handbook/University Grants Commission’s website and the concerned institute’s website for eligibility criteria.
How to submit application
- The applicant should deposit application fee of NRs. 400/- in favor of Education Wing, Embassy of India, Kathmandu in Account No. 17725240200331 at any branch of Nepal SBI, located in Nepal. After deposit of application fee, the applicant should write online application registration number and his/her name on the top of the counterfoil/receipt for identification.
- Thereafter, the applicant should submit the original counterfoil along with the copy of the application uploaded online directly to (i) the Embassy of India, Kathmandu (all other districts except the districts mentioned under the Consulate General of India, Birgunj); or (ii) Consulate General of India, Birgunj (for those hailing from districts - Bara, Chitwan, Dhanusha, Mahottari, Makwanpur, Parsa, Rautahat & Sarlahi), as the case may be. Application fee once deposited will not be refunded or adjusted.
- The above schemes do not include the courses on Medical / Paramedical (Nursing / Physiotherapy Anesthesia etc.)/Fashion/Law Courses/Integrated courses such as BALLB (5 Years)/B.Sc. & M.Sc.(5years) etc.
- Candidates applying for B.Sc., BE / B.Tech. Courses may please ensure that they have taken Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics (PCM) in their School Leaving examinations as this is mandatory criteria for these courses. Mark sheets issued by the respective education board for each, i.e., level 10 and 10+2 level of school should be uploaded along with the transcripts in English. Mark-sheets not reflecting the grades/marks of the students will not be accepted.
- The application will not be considered without English translation of documents if the original documents are not in English.
- The incomplete application will be summarily rejected by Universities if documents are not in English or English translation is not provided. Therefore, students are advised to thoroughly check their application and attach requisite documents before submission of the application.
- Those applying science courses may please note that the expenditure on laboratory chemicals and other related incidental charges will be borne by the scholars themselves.
- Applicant's age for availing scholarship is as under on the date of opening of A2A Portal i.e. on 20 February, 2023:
- For Undergraduate/Postgraduate courses - between 18 to 30 Years
- For PhD Programmes - between 18 to 45 years
Submission of incorrect information or incomplete application forms by the candidate may result in forfeiture of the candidature/scholarship at any stage and no review will be considered.
The Embassy of India only entertains applications directly from the applicant himself/herself. The Embassy does not recognize or receive applications through any so-called Education Consultants/Middlemen/Agencies in Nepal. Students are advised to beware of such unscrupulous persons/agencies. Applications found to have been received through such agencies/persons are liable to be rejected.