2014-04-05 - 2014-04-05
The Research/Publication awards of the Global Faculty Grants Program offers Fellows the time, space and resources necessary to conduct research leading to publication in an internationally-recognized peer reviewed journal. The program aims to promote original research within the social sciences and humanities and to increase the international mobility of scholars in countries of focus. The program supports well-established scholars who occupy responsible and influential positions at home universities to pursue research visits of up to 5 months to any accredited higher education institution worldwide.
These awards are offered to well-established scholars with the following profile:
• holding a doctorate (PhD) or its equivalent;
• occupying a full-time position at a university with regular teaching responsibilities;
• demonstrating language ability sufficient for the desired university placement;
• having an established record of academic achievements, including publications in area of specialization within the social sciences and humanities;
• able to propose a persuasive and well-planned research project to be completed during the fellowship; and,
• be able to secure an invitation letter from hosting university scholar.
Applicants are required to submit a project proposal (no more than 10 pages), which should focus on a specific research question in the social sciences/humanities. The proposal should include a well-defined research hypothesis and should explain how the study will contribute to the academic discipline both in local and international contexts. Applicants must also justify the choice of hosting environment and proposed duration of support (up to 5 months). The proposal should include an annotated time-line for plans to complete and publish the research article, even if that timeline might extend beyond the duration of the grant.
Collaborative research projects, in which the guest scholar participates in an ongoing research project at the host institution, are strongly encouraged.
Research/Publication fellowships last up to 5 months and are renewable once, after the grantee has spent at least one (1) year back in the home country. The fellowship provides:
• monthly stipend for room, board, and other living expenses;
• reimbursement for visa-related expenses;
• program-related travel;
• accident and sickness insurance during the program;
Deadline: April 1, 2013
The fellowship does NOT provide funding for dependent family members.
Please look at all the attached documents and email [email protected] if you have any questions.