2015-03-01 - 2015-03-15
Masters level scholarships
Applications are open for Nepali M.Sc. level student who has shown initiative and interest in the scientific study of birds. The award (500 USD) will be granted to 1 student annually. Additional 300 USD will be granted when the award recipient successfully publishes the thesis in a peer reviewed scientific journal.
Application Deadline: 15 March 2015
1. Project must be linked to the M.Sc thesis
2. Applicant must hold Nepali citizenship
3. Field-work for the project (e.g. life-history, ecology, conservation) must be done in Nepal on a native, wild-living bird species (or several species).
Graduate students interested in applying for the award are required to provide:
1. Research proposal (max. 3 pages, single-spaced, 12 pt. Time New Roman) containing
a. Title of the project, student’s name and affiliation, name of the supervisor
c. Objective(s) of the study
e. Expected results
2. Institutional endorsement (recommendation letter from the faculty member of the applicant’s department)
3. Curriculum Vitae All documents must be available in electronic format (Word file and/or pdf.) and shall be submitted to Tej Bahadur Thapa ([email protected]) at the Central Department of Zoology, Tribhuvan University.
You may also send it directly to Grzegorz Mikusiński ([email protected]) at the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences.