A large number of students work on scientific research projects of varied nature at the postgraduate (M.Sc.) level. The number of Research Scholars doing Ph. D. in different areas has been increasing every year. The IoST has given high priority to collaborative exchange programs for strengthening capacity of the faculties, research scholars, students and staffs. For this purpose, the IoST and the Central Departments have been trying their best to establish & extend linkage and coordination with different ministries, national and international organizations and academic institutions.
Vision and Objectives
IoST intends to promote the academic and research quality of its departments and develop them as Center of Excellence by setting up well equipped laboratories, libraries, infrastructures employing skilled Human Resources and providing advisory services in close collaboration with national and international agencies. Ultimately, it aims at creating a scientific values and culture in society and improving the quality of life of the people.
The main objectives of IoST are:
- To create and implement scientific values & culture in society.
- To produce/ develop highly skilled human resources in Science & Technology.
- To introduce, promote and implement new subjects in Science & Technology.
- To provide infrastructures/facilities for research and teaching.
- To mobilize resources for overall development of Science & Technology.
- To establish linkages with the national and international organizations for collaborative work in the areas of Science & Technology
- To organize seminars, workshops, conferences, trainings, orientations and refresher courses at all levels.