The Law College was established in 1954 AD with offering LL.B courses with an affiliation to the Patna University of India. In 1959, the Faculty of Law became one of the oldest faculties of T.U. Since the Law College came under the T.U after the establishment of T.U. It was renamed in 1974 AD as the faculty of law.
The Faculty of Law, T.U. has the following basic objectives: