2 year(s)5 month(s)
Pre-Diploma in Electrical Engineering (Electrical Sub-overseer) is a 18 months program.
This course is based on the job required to perform by a basic level electrical technician as an electrical sub-overseer. This program offers 100% absolutely general electrical courses. The fundamental subjects related to electrical engineering such electrical installation, motor installation and control, power transmission and distribution, basic electronics, repair and maintenance, electro-technology, Engineering Drawing, Entrepreneurships Development and Computer Application are offered to produce basic level competent electrical engineering work force.
The program is designed on the basis of 20% theory and 80% practical classes. The provision of On-the- Job Training (OJT) is included to establish a linkage with employers and provide hands on work experience to students and promote employability of graduates.
After the completion of the training program the trainees will be able to:
• Familiarize with basic electrical engineering
• Install basic electricity
• Perform basic electrical functions
• Repair and maintain electrical devices and machines.
• Find fault in electrical system's appliances and machines.
• Repair and maintain faults of electrical system
• Perform simple calculation related to electrical works.
• Familiarize with electrical and electronics components related with electrical system
• Familiarize with basic computer and computerized drawing system
This course will be completed within 18 months (40 hrs/week X 39 weeks a year = 1560 hrs.) class plus 6 months (40 hrs/week X 24 weeks = 960 hrs. on the job training (OJT).
The group size will be maximum 40 (forty) in a batch.
Medium of Instruction:
The medium of instruction will be in English and/or Nepali language.
Pattern of Attendance:
The students should have minimum 90% attendance in theory classes and practical/performance to be eligible for internal assessments and final examinations.
Individuals with following criteria will be eligible for this program: