Pre-Diploma in Electrical Engineering (Electrical Sub-overseer) is a 18 months program.
This course is based on the job required to perform by a basic level electrical technician as an electrical sub-overseer. This program offers 100% absolutely general electrical courses. The fundamental subjects related to electrical engineering such electrical installation, motor installation and control, power transmission and distribution, basic electronics, repair and maintenance, electro-technology, Engineering Drawing, Entrepreneurships Development and Computer Application are offered to produce basic level competent electrical engineering work force.
The program is designed on the basis of 20% theory and 80% practical classes. The provision of On-the- Job Training (OJT) is included to establish a linkage with employers and provide hands on work experience to students and promote employability of graduates.
- To produce competent work force in electrical engineering able to provide services in different community.
- To produce such human resources through institutional training program followed by "On the job training (OJT)", providing sufficient skill needed in "The World of Work". The trainees will get maximum experience & exposure in related subject.
- This program will aim at producing capable electrical work force, who will be able to be an entrepreneur, or employed in Assistant Electrical Sub–engineer or Electrical overseer or equivalent post in national and international market of electrical field.
After the completion of the training program the trainees will be able to:
• Familiarize with basic electrical engineering
• Install basic electricity
• Perform basic electrical functions
• Repair and maintain electrical devices and machines.
• Find fault in electrical system's appliances and machines.
• Repair and maintain faults of electrical system
• Perform simple calculation related to electrical works.
• Familiarize with electrical and electronics components related with electrical system
• Familiarize with basic computer and computerized drawing system
This course will be completed within 18 months (40 hrs/week X 39 weeks a year = 1560 hrs.) class plus 6 months (40 hrs/week X 24 weeks = 960 hrs. on the job training (OJT).
The group size will be maximum 40 (forty) in a batch.
Medium of Instruction:
The medium of instruction will be in English and/or Nepali language.
Pattern of Attendance:
The students should have minimum 90% attendance in theory classes and practical/performance to be eligible for internal assessments and final examinations.
Individuals with following criteria will be eligible for this program:
- Should have passed SEE
- Should pass entrance examination administered by CTEVT
- Final selection will be made on the basis of merit list.
The graduate will be eligible for the position equivalent to Non-gazetted 2nd class/level 4(technical) as Electrical Sub-Overseer or as prescribed by the Public Service Commission or the concerned authorities. The graduate is eligible for registration with the professional council in the grade as mentioned in the related professional council Act (if any).