- Fee:NPR 920,230
Guided by its Mission of producing technically competent, socially responsible and internationally recognized health workforce, Kathmandu University has introduced Master of Science in Nursing. The Master of Science in Nursing program of Kathmandu University is designed for graduates with a Bachelor of Science degree in nursing who seek to expand their knowledge and understanding, to function effectively as nurse educators, nurse managers, and nurse researchers to assume advance practice and undertake leadership roles in adult health.
This two-year program will be viewed as an equivalent course by international universities which will broaden the areas for their career advancement. Successful candidates can select their Specialty Area from Medical-Surgical, Child Health, and Community etc.
Various subjects are offered in MN/MSc Nursing program of Kathmandu University. They are;
- Adult/Medical Surgical Nursing
- Community Health Nursing
- Psychiatric Nursing
- Paediatric/Child Health Nursing
- Women Health and Development/Maternal Health Nursing
- BN/ BNS / B.Sc. Nursing /B.Midwifery(B. Mid is eligible only for the M.Sc. Midwifery program)
- Registered in Nepal Nursing Council
- One year experience
- Candidates should score a minimum of 50% (Pass Marks) in the Entrance Examinations conducted by Medical Education Commission for being eligible to be on the merit list.
- Single best response type with Multiple choice question
- Four options (A, B, C, D)
- No. of questions - 200
- Recall:Understanding: Application – 30:50:20
- Duration - 3 hours including one-time voluntary toilet break
|1||Adult Nursing (Medical-Surgical Nursing)||20|
|3||Pediatric Nursing (Child Health Nursing)||20|
|4||Community Health Nursing||20|
|5||Psychiatric Nursing (Mental Health Nursing)||20|
|6||Nursing Research and Biostatistics||20|
|7||Integrated Health Science- 10% (Ana- 6, Physio- 4, Pharma- 4, Biochem- 2, Micro- 2, Patho- 2)||20|
|9||Nursing Concepts and Ethical Aspects in Nursing||16|
|10||Nursing Leadership and Management||16|
|11||Social and Behavioral Science||6|
- The selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of the entrance examination followed by counseling.
- Candidates will be selected on the basis of merit by the School of Medical Sciences.
- Candidates already registered in one postgraduate program will not be allowed to change to another postgraduate program. To change the subject he/she has to sit again in the entrance examination.
- Educational Science
- Research and Bio statistics
- Specialty Subject Part I
- Prepare and submit proposal for research project
- Health Management & Leadership
- Research and Biostatistics
- Specialty Subject
- Part II; Research project dissertation