M.Sc Earthquake Engineering program is being offered in Institute of Engineering (IOE) Pulchowk Campus and Thapathali Campus . Currently, Institute of Engineering (IOE) Pulchowk Campus and Thapathali Campus enroll 20 students in M.Sc Earthquake Engineering.
Total seats has been allocated as below:
- Scholarships Quota: 5
- TU Staff Quota: 1
- Sponsored Quota: 8
- Full payment: 6
- Regular Fee: Approx Rs. 52,000
- Full payment Quota: Rs. 200,000
- Sponsored seats: Rs. 550,000
Eligibility for the enrollment
Bachelor degree from a Four year Engineering program in Civil Engineering.
Secure at least a minimum score as prescribed by the Faculty Board in the admission test conducted by the Insitute of Engineering.
The candidate willing to appear in the entrance examination to get enrollment into the M.Sc. program should fill and submit the Application Form online within the deadline prescribed by the Entrance Exam Board. Application forms will be available in the websites: www.ioe.edu.np/entrance or http://entrance.ioe.edu.np. The application procedures are as follows:
1. The candidate should deposit required amount as an application fee for entrance examination in Account No mentioned in the notice by submitting a specially prepared voucher often by filling applicant's name and date of birth in it. The voucher No. indicated in the voucher needs to be specified in the online application form.
2. The candidate must select the appropriate entrance stream.
3. The candidate should fill up the other required fields in the form without skipping any steps.
4. The candidate also needs to upload his/her color photograph of prescribed specification and one of the following identification documents.
- Citizenship certificate
- Last exam admit card
If any change has to be done on the submitted information in application form, candidate has to pay extra fee to edit six or less number of normal text fields. For name, photo or ID document correction, he/she has to pay more amounts at ICTC and submit a letter of request for correction with the payment voucher
Seat/Quota distribution for M.Sc Program
- One seat in regular category and One seat in full fee category are reserved for female candidates in each program
- One seat is reserved for IOE faculty. For IOE Reserved Quota, priority will be given to permanent IOE faculty. If there are no applicants from permanent IOE faculty, then priority will be given to faculties who have completed 5 years as a contract faculty. If there is no applicant in IOE reserve quota, it is added to Full Fee Seat. 1/4th of the sponsored quota is reserved for the Foreign students.
- Priority for the sponsored quota will be as follows:
- 1st Priority: Candidates from government offices & Government Owned Organizations or Companies
- 2nd Priority: Other Organizations
- If applications are not received in sponsored/foreign category, then the seat will be fulfilled as full fee category.