Tribhuvan University, Institute of Science and Technology is launching Master of Science (M.Sc) in Biochemistry from the academic year 2076/77. This program will be offered in Central Department of Biochemistry at University Campus, Kirtipur. It mainly focuses on providing the enrolled students an advanced level of understanding about the chemical processes that go within and related to living organisms.
M.Sc Biochemistry course is intended to provide the students with a better understanding of theoretical and practical knowledge required for biochemistry. It also focuses on training the students on research in emerging fields of biochemistry. The program involves advanced level practical and theory courses in topics like genetic engineering, enzymes, immunology, proteins, molecular biology, and biochemical and biophysical techniques etc.
- B.Sc. Clinical Biochemistry/ B.Sc. MLT/ B.Sc. Laboratory Medicine/ MBBS/ BDS/ BAMS or equivalent degree with registration in respective professional council.
- The candidate should score a minimum of 50% marks (Pass marks) in the Entrance Examinations conducted by Medical Education Commission for being eligible to be on the merit list.
- Single best response type with multiple-choice questions.
- Four options (A,B,C,D)
- No. of questions: 200
- Recall: Understanding: Application : 30:50:20
- Duration: 3 hours including one-time voluntary toilet break
|7||Biostatistics and Research Methodology||20|
After the completion of the course, one can work as:
- Associate Research Scientist
- Research Scientist
- Clinical Data Coordinator
- Senior Data Quality Analyst
- Scientific Research Manager