- Fee: NPR 395000
Master of Engineering in Electrical Power Engineering (MEEPE) is an international graduate degree program of Kathmandu University designed for improving the professional competence of electrical engineers in Nepal and abroad. MEEPE is a two year graduate level program run by Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering at Kathmandu University, Dhulikhel, Nepal. It is a Masters Degree Program by Course Work and is completed in four semesters.
This program was started at Kathmandu University (KU) in the year 2004 in cooperation with Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) under Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation (NORAD) fellowship program, administered by Center for International University Cooperation (SIU), Norway.
The first batch of students graduated in December 2005. Since then, 47 students including 28 Nepalese and 19 foreign students have already graduated. Students from as far as Zambia, Tanzania, Bangladesh, Indonesia, Sri Lanka have enjoyed the benefits and excellence of this program at Kathmandu University.
Four year Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering (Electrical Major), or related discipline for Masters in Electrical Power Engineering completed with minimum 50% marks on aggregate or CGPA 2.0 (on a maximum 4 point grading system) from any recognized institution.
Student Intake 
- Scholarship: Full Fee and Hostel Fee Waived :
- Nepalese students : :
- International students : :
- Industrial Sponsorship (Paying) :
- General Seats (Paying) : 
One seat is reserved for female candidate and vacant seats under any category, if any, will be filled by candidates under General Seat category.
Selection Procedure: Admission Test:
Admission test will be conducted consisting of written test and interview. Written test will have subjective questions (50 marks) and objective questions (20 marks). The test modality may change if the written test is to be conducted online, and shall be informed. Applicants who have passed the written test will only be called for the interview. The Interview performance will bear 30 marks. To be eligible for the admission applicant must score 50 marks in total (written as well as interview).
Admission Test Syllabus - Master of Engineering in Electrical Power Engineering
- Electric Machinery Fundamentals [20 %]: DC Generators, DC Motors, Transformers, Induction Machines, Synchronous Machines, Fractional horsepower motors
- Power System [20%]: Fundamentals of Power System & Modeling, Transients in Power System, Load Flow Solution & Control, Load Frequency Control, Power System Stability, Optimal System operation, Symmetrical Fault Analysis, Unsymmetrical Fault Analysis, Economic Load Dispatch
- Transmission lines [15%] Short Transmission Line, Medium Transmission Line, Long Transmission Line, Power Flow Through Transmission Lines, Inductance, Resistance, Capacitance of Transmission Lines, Extra High Voltage (EHV) Transmission, FACTS, HVDC Transmission
- Distribution System [10%]: AC Distribution, DC Distribution, Economics of Distribution System
- Power System Protection [15%]: Protective Zones, Fuses, Reactors, Protective Relays, Power Circuit Breaker, Apparatus protection, Protection Against Lightning and Insulation Coordination, Power System Earthing, Substation,
- Electric Drives [10%]: DC Drives, Stator Controlled Induction Motor Drives, Rotor Controlled Induction Motor drives, Synchronous Motor Drives
- Renewable Energy technologies (RET) [10%]: Solar Photovoltaic, Wind Energy, Micro hydropower, Biomass, Biogas, Bio-fuel, Geothermal Energy, Wave, Tidal Energy