- Fee:NPR 270,000
Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) has long been viewed as a powerful tool for both national and individual development. This program was introduced in August 2018 by KUSOED, in recognition of the industry's rapid growth and the growing demand for qualified human resources in the field on both national and international markets.
Master in Technical and Vocational Education and Training (MTVET) is two years, four semesters course.
This program was designed to aid in the growth of a strong TVET industry and, as a result, a better quality of life. Addressing TVET's human resource development needs, preparing TVET system leaders, educators, and planners, attracting young people to TVET by linking it to socioeconomic processes, thus providing promising career prospects both nationally and internationally, and instilling the entrepreneurial mindset are just a few of the specific objectives.
Curriculum, labor market, human resources, work education, sociology of work and occupation, technical education assessment, entrepreneurship and company development, and work-based learning, which mixes real-world working and learning, are among the topics covered by students. In this master's degree, students can choose between two specialization areas: TVET Pedagogy and TVET System Management and Leadership.
Purpose of MTEVT program:
- Address the human resource development needs of TVET
- Prepare TVET system leaders, educators, and planners
- Attract young ones to TVET by linking it with socio-economic processes thereby providing promising career prospects nationally and internationally
- Develop TVET focused research capacity
- Promote excellence, opportunity, and leadership in TVET
MTVET graduates develop the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Be able to explore and interpret the interplay among social institutions and rules and resources, work and occupation, and TVET
- Be competent educators, innovators, leaders, and managers of TVET institutions/programs
- Be competent in preparing TVET activities such as preparation of competency-based curriculum, designing instructional events, delivering theoretical and practical sessions, evaluation of students.
- Be proficient in doing economics and financial analysis of work and occupations, and TVET.
- Be conversant with different theories, concepts, and ideas that have been developed and see TVET processes in terms of those theories and ideas
- Be capable of in engaging TVET process e.g. policy dialogue, networking
- Be skillful in designing, carrying out, managing, and evaluating research on TVET
- Be able to understand, design, implement, and monitor quality assurance process
- Experiential knowledge
- Research, writing, and publishing
- Face to face, blended or online mode
Medium of Instruction
- Written test and interview conducted in English
- Statement of the purpose of the study
- Write-up (published or unpublished work)
- Candidates outside the Kathmandu can appear at the entrance through online
- Bachelor degree in any discipline with a CGPA of 2.5 out of 4 or second division in the aggregate score
- Work experience in TVET is preferred
MTVET graduates will have a variety of work options because the TVET industry is so promising, and the program exposes students to a variety of subject areas in an inter-disciplinary manner. Because the course prepares them for a competitive work environment both at home and abroad, they can explore their career prospects in both the national and international markets. Graduates have two options for careers as educators: teaching or managing and leading a TVET institute. They could also work as a planner, analyst, monitoring and evaluation professional, or researcher. These options are available in both the public and private sectors. MTVET graduates may also find work in the manufacturing sector. Another possibility for an MTVET graduate is to start their own business and become an entrepreneur. Students may be imaginative, creative, and entrepreneurs as a result of the program's extensive exposure to various areas of business.
|Theory and Practice in Education
|Statistical Methods for TVET
Dissertation or two research projects
|Research Project I
|Research Project II
Specialization Courses (TVET core)
|Principles and Theories of Education and Work
|Sociological Perspectives of Work and Occupation
|Curriculum Development in TVET
|Principle and Practices of Human Resource Development
|Quality Assurance and Program Evaluation in TVET
|Entrepreneurship and Enterprises Development
|Labor Market Analysis
TVET Pedagogy/TVET System Management and Leadership Courses
|Psychology of Learning
|Instruction System Design
|Instructional Media Development
|Assessment and Measurement
|Monitiring and Professional Development
|Public Policy and TVET Governance
|Management of TVET Institutions and Programs
|Leadership Theories and Practices
|Economics and Financing of TVET
|Assessment and Accountability in TVET System