Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) has been recognized as a powerful means for national development as well as for individual enhancement. Acknowledging that this sector has been growing fast and that there has been growing demand of competent human resource in the sector in national and international market, KUSOED initiated this program in August, 2018.
Master in Technical and Vocational Education and Training (MTVET) is a two years , four semesters course.
This program is developed with the goal of contributing towards creating a vibrant TVET sector and thus for better life quality. Specific objectives include among others: addressing the human resource development needs of TVET, preparing TVET system leaders, educators, planners, attracting young ones in TVET by linking it with socio-economic processes thereby providing promising career prospects nationally and internationally, building the idea of entrepreneurship.
The students take core courses and TVET specific specialization courses related to curriculum, labor market, human resources, work education, sociology of work and occupation, evaluation of technical education, entrepreneurship and enterprises development, and work-based learning which is a blending of real place working and learning. This master program has two concentration areas and students can choose either of these: TVET Pedagogy and TVET System Management and Leadership.
Purpose of MTEVT program:
- Address the human resource development needs of TVET
- Prepare TVET system leaders, educators, planners
- Attract young ones in TVET by linking it with socio-economic processes thereby providing promising career prospects nationally and internationally
- Develop TVET focused research capacity
- Promote excellence, opportunity, and leadership in TVET
MTVET graduates develop following specific knowledge and skills:
- Be able to explore and interpret the interplay among social institutions and rules and resources, work and occupation, and TVET
- Be proficient to carry out economic analysis of work and occupations, and TVET
- Be competent in performing TVET activities such as preparation of competency based curriculum, designing instructional events, delivering theoretical and practical sessions, evaluation of students.
- Be conversant with different theories, concepts, and ideas that have been developed and see TVET processes in terms of those theories and ideas
- Be skillful in designing, carrying out, and evaluating research on TVET
- Be educators, innovators, leaders, and managers of TVET
- In-semester and end-semester
- Class based test, presentation, paper writing, project report, work/field report
- Lecture, reading, group/field work, seminar, panel, guest
- Sharing, self-research,
- Interactive media based
- Inter-personal relations
- Most courses are of three credit hours
- Four to six courses per semester
- Generally, one three-hour class session per day, six days a week
- There could be library sessions, field sessions, work sessions
- There could also be intensive class sessions (e.g. four hours class sessions for six days for two weeks completing one three credit course)
Medium of Instruction
- Generally in June each year (session begins in August)
- Written test and interview
- Those who are outside Kathmandu can appear in entrance process through online
- Write-up (published or unpublished work)
- Bachelor degree in any discipline with a CGPA of 2.5 or 45% aggregate score
- Excellent English
- Work experience in TVET is preferred
As the TVET sector is a very promising sector and as the program provides them exposure to several subject areas in an inter-disciplinary manner, graduates of MTVET would have several options as their career prospect. They can explore their career prospects both in national and international market as the course prepares them for a competitive world of work both in national and international context. Graduates can chose to be an educator either focusing on teaching or focusing on management and leadership of TVET institute. They could also work as planner, analyst, monitoring and evaluation experts, or researcher. These options are available both in public and private sector. Industry sector could also provide promising career option to MTVET graduates. One other option that the MTVET graduate could go is establishing self-enterprise and become entrepreneur. As the program provides lots of exposure to students on aspects of entrepreneurship, they could be innovative, creative, and be entrepreneur.
Showing 1 to 1 of 1 results