- Fee:NPR 731,500
Pokhara University's M. Sc Medical Microbiology program is a three-year post-graduate degree that focuses on the medical and molecular aspects of infection, including immunology, mycology, virology, and bacteriology.
The program provides in-depth information and hands-on training in the transmission of microorganisms (mostly bacterial and viral pathogens), disease etiology, and the detection and treatment of pathogens that are important to public health.
- Bachelor's degree in related subjects or B.Sc. Medical Lab Technology or BMLT or B.Sc. Laboratory Medicine, MBBS/BDS or its equivalent.
- Registered in respective professional council
- Candidates should score a minimum of 50% marks (Pass marks) in the Entrance Examination conducted by Medical Education Commission for being eligible to be on the merit list.
- Single best response type with Multiple Choice Questions.
- Four options (A,B,C,D).
- No. of questions: 200
- Recall: Understanding: Application: 30:50:20
- Duration: 3 hours including one-time voluntary toilet break.
|10||Biostatistics and Research Methodology||12|
The eligible applicants must pass the entrance exam conducted by Pokhara University.
Available Seats: Five
Following the course, you have the option of choosing the following career route:
- Biomedical Scientist
- Medical Representative
- Medical Lab Technician
- Medical Microbiologist
Find more about the roles of microbiologists.
The program's curriculum provides students with a strong theoretical and practical grasp of the topic, preparing them for a career in clinical sciences or academic and industrial research.