Master of Arts (MA) in Sanskrit is offered in Central Department of Sanskrit Studies, University campus, Kirtipur, Kathmandu. M.A. in Sanskrit is a 2-year (4 semesters) postgraduate course in Sanskrit literature.
Sanskrit has been the verifiable and trans-local dialect of scholarly life in South Asia for the longest time now. Sanskrit is the dialect in which South Asian rulers, artists, and religious diviners communicated. It is the world's oldest dialect. Numerous science and arithmetic writings have been composed in Sanskrit. It is the sacrosanct dialect in Hinduism. The Sanskrit dialect was presented by sages in sacred writings. Individuals have spoken Sanskrit since the start of the human civilization.
- To make the conventional investigation of Sanskrit more career-oriented by incorporating both customary and present-day frameworks of instruction
- To preserve and promote Sanskrit language and writing
- A well-recognized M.A. degree in Sanskrit, with in-depth expertise in a specialized field
- Focus on practice-oriented study of Indic knowledge, with solid foundation to conduct quality research
- Facility for remote and/or part-time study to accommodate busy schedules
- Immersive study of Sanskrit in Sanskrit medium which is essential for true mastery
The candidates applying for the program will require bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification in Arts stream recognized by Tribhuvan University.
The graduates of MA Sanskrit can pursue archaeological work, or be professionally engaged with reading and understanding ancient manuscripts, etc. They will also be able to explore other jobs such as Sanskrit Teacher, Online Transcripter, Lecturer, Official Language Officer, Lecturer - Swasth Vritt and Shalakya Tantra, Sanskrit Typist, Training Officer in Sanskrit, Sanskrit Tutor, among others.