Master of Adventure Tourism Studies (MATS) is a two years, four semesters-cycle of 73 credits course where students can advanced academic career in adventure and mountain tourism industry.
Nepal Mountain Academy is going to offer the new program Master of Adventure Tourism Studies (MATS) from January 2020.
The program is for the bachelor-passed graduates that enables them to be unsurpassed leaders and entrepreneurs of the Adventure Tourism Sphere.
The aim of Master of Adventure Tourism Studies (MATS) is to impart professional skills and knowledge to the students and enable them to advance their careers in mountain and adventure tourism. It specifies on the knowledge of mountain and adventure tourism management to meet professional standards and compete in the national and international arena. It focuses on
- To build up professional skills and Integrated knowledge of the dynamics of adventure tourism. mountain and mountaineering tourism management. cultural diversity and creativity for innovation and sustainability in tourism industry;
- To full ill the need of skilled and expert manpower to meet the scope in mountain and adventure tourism sectors;
- To enhance and strengthen the graduates to pursue entrepreneurial values in the adventure tourism and leadership development in mountain tourism;
- To build up professionalism in adventure and mountain studies research. and innovation, and enable them for leadership in the study and research in national and international sectors of adventure and mountain tourism management;
- First adventure and mountaineering applied University Degree courses
- Interdisciplinary programs
- Entrepreneurship and leadership development
- Theoretical and empirical research knowledge
- Field research opportunities in tourism industry and at renowned mountain base camps (below 6000m)
- Interactive and engaging classes
- Case studies / project works and practical demonstrations
- Academic and Research writing (enhancing Research writing skills)
- Developing international research center
- Inter connectivity into national and international arena
- National and international visiting professors
The candidates applying for admission to the MATS program must have
- Bachelor Degree completed in any discipline with a minimum CGPA of 2.00 or second division marks.
- Students who are waiting for results of bachelor level can also apply. However they have to submit passed certificate at the time of admission.
Must have passed Entrance Test on : Verbal Ability. General Awareness. Quantitative Ability. and Business and Economics conducted by Faculty of Mangement (EOM) T.U.
- Adventure Tourism Manager
- Tourism Innovator
- Mountain Tourism Manager
- Tourism Planner
- Tourism Leader
- Corporate Communication
- Adventure Tourism Operations and Management
- Contemporary Tourism Development
- Global Mountains and Mountaineering
- Economics of Tourism
- Managing Protected Areas of Nepal
- Accounting for Tourism
- Adventure Tourism and Risk Recreation
- Human Resource Management
- Destination Planning Development and Management
- Tourism Marketing
- Financial Management in Tourism
- Tourism Entrepreneurship
- Cultural Heritage Tourism
- Sustainable Mountain Tourism Development
- Field Visit (with below 6000 m mountain research)
- Tourism Research Methodology
- Strategic Tourism Management
- Health and Safety in Adventure Tourism
- Mountaineering Management