- Fee:NPR 335,000
Master in Philosophy (MPhil) in Management, a research-based Master degree program of Kathmandu University. This is an intensive full time study program spread over six terms of 14 weeks each. Students are required to take a minimum of 38 credit hour courses that include core courses, concentrations and electives (for enhancing conceptual and analytical abilities as well as research orientation in management) along with an independent research thesis (for developing research capability).
Master of Philosophy (MPhil) in Management Program of Kathmandu University is a research- based Master Degree program that
- enhances competitive edge in conceptual and analytical skills for advanced career in academics or other professions;
- develops research capability for improving knowledge, practice and profession; and
- builds a foundation for pursuing the Doctoral degree.
Management professionals pursuing this program at KUSOM
- Enhance their competitive edge in conceptual and analytical skills for advanced career in academics or other professions in management;
- Develop research capability in management disciplines for improving management knowledge, practice and profession; and
- Build a foundation for pursuing the Doctoral degree in Management.
Who needs this program?
- Management teachers, trainers, researchers or consultants
- Practicing managers seeking to gain advanced knowledge;
- Management graduates wishing to pursue the doctoral degree
- A Master's degree in management- related disciplines (including business management, general management, development management and other functional, sectoral or policy management fields); master's degree in engineering, physics, mathematics, statistics and economics-related disciplines; or master's degree in selected social sciences disciplines from the universities recognized by Kathmandu University;*
- Minimum CGPA of 3.25 on a scale of 4.0 or 60 percent in the Master degree;
- Strong quantitative background in graduate and undergraduate level; research aptitude and commitment.
Selection of the candidates shall be based on:
- Scores on the Admission Test
- Proficiency in English language
- Personal interview
- Merit of academic attainments
- Research aptitude and commitment
The program is delivered as follows:
- Fall Term: September —January
- Spring Term: February—May
- Summer Term: June—September
The medium of instruction is English.
Where can you place after M.Phil in Management?
- Research and policy analysis institutions
- Consulting firms
- Development organizations
- International organizations
MPhil in Management is an intensive research-based Master degree study program spread over six terms of 14 weeks each. Students are required to take a minimum of 36 credit hours courses that include core courses, concentrations, and electives (for enhancing conceptual and analytical abilities as well as research orientation in management) along with an independent empirical thesis (for developing research capabilities).
1. Course works (28 Credits)
A. Core Courses (16 Credits)
- Statistics for Research I 
- Statistics for Research II 
- Advanced Research Methodology 
- Advanced Managerial Economics 
- Econometrics 
- Qualitative Research Methods 
B. Concentration Courses (10 Credits)
Any one of the following fields:
- General Management
Elective (2 credits)
One course as chosen from the possible options.
2. Research Dissertation (8 Credits)
Under the supervision of a Thesis Advisory Committee.