Diploma in Geomatics Engineering is a three year, semester based program. CTEVT has initiated this course as Diploma in Survey Engineering in 2000.
In view of the Kathmandu University initiative in this subject by starting the Bachelor's of Engineering in Geomatics Engineering in Nepal has prompted for change in the course title as Diploma in Geomatics Engineering. The course is aimed at producing middle level technical human resource in the field of Geomatics.
This curriculum is of three years duration with six semesters. It is designed to produce middle level competent Geomatics technicians equipped with knowledge and skills related to the land surveying, engineering/ construction surveying and Geographical Information System and applications. The study of Geomatics Engineering provides the ample opportunities of employment and self employment in the field of surveying, mapping and GIS.
Course Objectives: -
1. This course is designed to produce Surveyors / Geomatics Technicians meeting the requirement of intermediate level of surveyors for the Government and engineering construction industry / companies
2. The graduates shall have adequate knowledge and skill in spatial data acquisition using field survey methods, processing and visual presentation
3. The graduates will have working knowledge in interpreting image data acquired through Air survey and Remote Sensing
4. The graduates shall be capable for continuing higher education.
Applicants fulfilling the entry criteria will be selected for admission in order of merit in entrance examination result.
3 Academic Years (Six Semesters)- 15 weeks/semester, 40 hrs/ week.
Target Group: SLC passed or equivalent
Group size: A maximum of 48 (Forty eight) in a batch
Medium of instruction: The medium of instruction will be in English/ Nepali or both
Pattern of attendance: Minimum of 90% attendance in each subject is required to appear in the respective final examination.
Pass marks: The students must secure 40% marks in the internal assessment and 40% in the semester final examination of each subject to pass the subject.
Provision of back paper: There will be the provision of back paper examination but student must pass all the subjects of all six semesters within six years from the enrolment to qualify for the Diploma.
Certification and degree awards:
1. Students who have passed all the components of all the subjects of all semesters are considered to have successfully completed the course.
2. Students who have successfully completed the course will be awarded a Diploma in Geomatics Engineering.
Secured at least grade C in Compulsory Mathematics, and Compulsory Science and Grade D+ in English in School leaving Certificate (SLC) examination from recognized academic institution.