Central Management Aptitude Test is popularly known as CMAT entrance exam is annually conducted by the Faculty of Management, Tribhuvan University. The examination is generally held in the month of August / September after the announcement of the Grade XII result. This exam is mandatory for those students who wish to pursue the following subjects at Tribhuvan University.
- Bachelor in Travel and Tourism Management (BTTM)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- Bachelor of Business Management (BBM)
- Bachelor of Hotel Management (BHM)
- Bachelor of Information Management (BIM)
- Bachelor of Mountaineering Studies (BMS)
- Bachelor of Public Administration (BPA)
As CMAT exam is highly competitive, passing the exam alone may not guarantee admission to the best management institutes of Nepal.
According to the Faculty of Management, Tribhuvan University to participate in the CMAT examination students must have secured a
- minimum of‘C’ Grade in all the subjects of 11 and 12
- 1.8 CGPA (Overall) or second division marks in 10+2.
Mode of Examination
The CMAT entrance exam consists of both written exam and interview.
The 90 minutes CMAT exam consists of altogether one hundred (100) objective questions containing twenty (25) questions in each section with a total weight of 100 marks. The students must secure at least 40% to qualify for the examinations.
The colleges running the program also conduct the individual presentations and interviews for selecting suitable candidates. Applicants securing above cut off point marks in the CMAT will be short-listed. Then the shortlisted candidates will be interviewed and selected for admission.
Admissions will be strictly on the basis of merit list. The merit list is prepared on the basis of
- 60% of marks secured in the CMAT Entrance examination;
- 30% of marks secured in percentage in plus two or equivalent;
- 10% Interview.
The CMAT exam scores the candidates on the basis of their knowledge/aptitude in verbal ability, quantitative ability, logical reasoning, and general awareness. The test is based on the SAT format. The colleges running the program shall conduct the individual presentations and interviews for selecting suitable candidates. The admission committee of the colleges has the final authority in selecting the students for the BBM program.
1. Verbal Section
- Vocabulary (list of probable words); synonyms & antonyms
- Suitable Prepositions
- Idioms and Phrases
- Passage and Questions
2. Quantitative Section
- Ratio & Proportions
- Defined Functions
- Set Theory
- Fraction and Decimal
- Matrix and Determinants
- Sequence & Series
- Unitary Method
- Indices ( Law of Indices)
- Digits & Age
- Permutation and Combinations
- Simple and Compound interests, Profit and Loss
- Commission, Taxation, and VAT
- HCF & LCM
- Probability (Principle of counting)
- Quadratic Equation
- Log & Exponent
3. Logical Reasoning
- Type of relations
- Odd one out
- Figures & Relations
- Arguments & Flow Chart – Pure logic, Common sense logic & Guest logic
4. General Awareness
- Current Affairs – business & economy, sports, politics
- Management Theories
- Science & Literature
- Interesting facts / Current facts