- Fee:NPR 929,000
BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with a specialization in Cloud Engineering is a 123-credit full-time campus-based program. A 5-star rated award-winning university will confer the degree. Students from any faculty are welcome to participate.
The main aims of the course are:
- Facilitate your progression, both academic and practical, by developing knowledge, key skills, and the capacity for independent and lifelong learning.
- Develop your skills in imaginative problem-solving and decision-making.
- Familiarity with a broad range of information technologies and how they are used.
- An understanding of frameworks and planning techniques for the strategic management of cloud-based information systems in organisations.
- The ability to critically evaluate and apply appropriate strategies and techniques for the development of cloud computing technologies.
- Provide you with a stimulating, interactive, and accessible course of study that gives you a sound grasp of Information Technology knowledge & analysis and contemporary issues which you can develop and apply in your future employment.
- Develop your imagination and innovative abilities and help you show initiative and creativity in your work.
- Develop your intelligence, ingenuity, inventiveness, and independence as well as your communication skills.
Lecture Hours 6:30 AM – 10:30 AM, Tutorials 10.30 A.M- 12.30 P.M. (Sunday -Friday)
Degree of BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with a specialization in Cloud Engineering will be awarded by Asia Pacific University of Technology & Innovation. B.Sc.(Hons.) in IT is recognized by Tribhuvan University as Bachelor’s Degree (Information Technology).
The college is approved by the Ministry of Education, Nepal Government to run the courses from APU, Malaysia at Kathmandu, Nepal.
Asia Pacific University (APU) received international recognition by Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) in 2017 with APU being awarded 5-Star in four categories of the QS Stars Rating – Teaching, Employability, Facilities and Inclusiveness. The QS Stars rating measures achievements of universities worldwide.
A well-structured internship or industrial training programme in collaboration with the industry is incorporated into the curriculum. The main objective of the internship programme is to further enhance your employability. Students are required to complete an Internship or Industrial Training module of 12 weeks.
Direct Entry to Level 1 of the Degree
- Successful completion of 1 0+2 or equivalent (any discipline) with minimum 50% marks in Mathematics at SEE level(Grade-X) or ;
- Successful completion of A-Level with at least a pass in 3 subjects and successful completion of 0-Level or equivalent with credit in Mathematics or ;
- Successful completion of STPM with 2 full passes or equivalent with minimum CGPA of 2.0 and completion of SPM or equivalent with credit in Mathematics or ;
- A qualification that APU accepts as equivalent to the above
Direct Entry to Level 2 of the Degree
- Successful completion of Level 1 of an APU Computing & Technology Programme or;
- A Diploma in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, Software Engineering or equivalent with a minimum CGPA of 2.5 or;
- Any other Diploma with a minimum CGPA of 2.5, and credit in Mathematics at SPM level or;
- A qualification that APU accepts as equivalent to the above.
- Evidence of satisfactory English language skills is required for candidates where English is not their first language.
Each degree is divided into three levels which denote the academic standards, where completion of level 3 is the Honours standard. For Full-time students, each level corresponds to a year of study. Each year of full-time study comprises of 2 semesters each of 6 months. Each semester comprises a minimum of 16 weeks of teaching weeks and 2 weeks of additional independent learning & assessment.
You will learn fundamental skills required by every IT professional, and the basic understanding of the underlying computer system through Computer Architecture, operating systems, networks, and databases. The modules will also help you develop personal and organizational skills, as well as nurture creativity and innovation.
- Digital Thinking and Innovation
- Introduction to Management
- System Analysis & Design
- Programming with Python
- Mathematical Concepts for Computing
- Operating Systems & Computer Architecture
- Introduction to Networking
- Introduction to Databases
- Introduction to C Programming
- Introduction to Security and Forensic Technologies
A broader range of skills will be learned, in which you will gain a better understanding of frameworks and planning techniques for the strategic management of information systems, programming languages and techniques, and further analysis and design skills. We will further nurture your creativity and innovation as well as independent learning to prepare you for the workplace.
- Object Oriented Development with Java
- System Development Methods
- Programming for Data Analysis
- Creativity & Innovation
- Research Methods for Computing and Technology
- Introduction to Virtualization
- Virtual Computing
- Mobile & Wireless Technology
- Web Applications
- Integrated Business Processes with SAP ERP Systems
- Systems & Network Administration
- Data Centre Infrastructure
INTERNSHIP (12 weeks)
Students will undertake an Internship/Industrial Training for a minimum period of 12 weeks to prepare them for a smooth transition from the classroom to the working environment.
You will make use of your previous studies and industrial experience to extend your familiarity in a broad range of information technologies and to refine your personal and professional development. You will enhance your programming skills and move further into the areas of cloud computing and big data. A final year project requires you to investigate and develop a solution for a real-world problem – you will demonstrate your ability to combine technical knowledge, critical thinking, and analytical skills to produce a personal achievement portfolio.
- Innovation Management & New Product Development
- Project Management
Specialised and Option Modules
- Enterprise Programming for Distributed Applications
- Advanced Database Systems
- Computer Systems Management
- Computer Systems Security
- Information Storage & Management
- Internet of Things, Concepts & Applications
- Designing & Developing Applications on Cloud
- Investigations in Cloud Computing
- Cloud Computing Project
Note: The specialism will appear only in the academic transcript.