KUSOED launched Bachelor of Education in Chinese Language Teaching (B Ed in CLT) in collaboration with the Confucius Institute Headquarters, Hanban, China in August 2016. After the successful completion of the course, students become competent in Chinese language and in teaching. Hence, they can become competent Chinese language teachers. There are several job prospects for successful students, in Nepal and in other countries.
The course is of four years. Enrolled students study first year and fourth year in Kathmandu University, Dhulikhel, Nepal whereas the second and third year courses are taught in Hebei University of Economics and Business in Shi Jiazhuang (near Beijing), China.
- $2,000 per student tuition supported by Confucius Institute Headquarters/ Hanban, China.
- All admitted students will be exempt from tuition and accommodation fees during their study in China and a monthly stipend of RMB 2500 will be provided to each student.
- A round trip flight of economy class will also be provided every academic year, covering the shortest distance from the residing place of the recipient's
- home country to the Chinese host university where he/she shall be studying.
- The graduates should teach Chinese in Nepal for five years, during which period Han-ban will pay their salaries as per the related rules of Hanban.
Students will take a total of 126 credits; 120-credit taught courses, and 3-credit teaching internship and 3-credit research internship. One credit is equivalent to a minimum of 16 contact hours in a semester.
Higher secondary level or equivalent with at least second division or C Grade (in ag-gregate and also in each subject) of 4, under 25 years of age, Nepali nationals. All applicants are required to successfully complete KUSOED's entrance test. Prior knowledge of Chinese language is not required.
1. General English I, II2. General Nepali I,II3. Foundations of Education4. Curriculum and Assessment5. Human Development & Learning6. Computational Literacy7. Intensive Basic Chinese I-IV8. Communicating in Chinese I-IV9. Readings in Chinese I-V10. Writing System in Chinese11. Introduction to Chinese Characters12. China Culture and Traditions I,II13. Chinese for Business Communication14. Chinese for Academic Purposes15. Chinese Instructional Design16. Teaching Reading and Writing17. Chinese Phonology, Morphology and Syntax18. Teaching Listening and Speaking19. Teaching Vocabulary and Grammar20. Teaching Chinese to Young Learners21. Writing Chinese Language Tests22. Planning in Chinese Language Teaching23. Computer Aided Language Learning24. Materials Development for Chinese LanguageTeaching25. Syllabus Design for Chinese Language Teaching26. Independent Study27. Writing Workshop28. Research Internship29. Teaching Internship
Showing 1 to 1 of 1 results