- Fee:NPR 800,000
As the leader Business School in Nepal pioneering new management degree programs and in response to the emerging needs for more innovative and high quality programs at the undergraduate level, the School launches two additional programs: BBA (Hons) and BBA (Emphasis). Both programs are specialization-oriented undergraduate degree programs of high academic rigor and industry relevance that serve the emerging need of advanced undergraduate management education in the South Asian Region for both increasingly competitive job market and for further management education. The new BBA (Hons) and BBA (Emphasis) programs of the School substantially scale up the academic focus and standards of the existing BBA program from the point of view of targeted competencies of the graduates by enriching, refining and upgrading the contents, improving delivery approaches and strengthening evaluation process.
Enabling Objectives After completing all the curricular and co-curricular requirements of BBA (Hons) and BBA (Emphasis) programs, the graduating students will be able to:
- Use critical thinking, analytical skills and conceptual ability to understand and solve problems in business and in life;
- Build a broad-based intellectual curiosity, ability and articulation towards managerial and social issues that help bring multiple perspectives to the task of addressing them;
- Exercise practically- relevant and theoretically- sound knowledge of management in start-up career in management and other professions;
- Exhibit superior scholastic orientation and performance in approaching both academic and managerial tasks;
- Demonstrate advanced competencies in one emphasis area of management to build career or pursue further study in the field;
- Practice professional, social, ethical and personal values and behaviors required in exercising professionalism in management;
- Develop research orientation in addressing business and social issues and handle them in a systematic way;
- Engage in continuous self-learning and professional growth for individual and institutional development; and
- Meet market need of certain managerial specialization competencies just below MBA level.
- Development of broad-based knowledge of various social science disciplines
- Blending of analytical rigor with practical relevance
- Focus on local reality of managing with global perspective
- Increased and integrated use of analytical, experiential , and presentational pedagogy for program delivery
- Focus on superior scholastic achievement during the study program
- Emphasis on one functional management discipline for in-depth knowledge and ability
- Widening of the choices of specialization/ emphasis streams
- Increased sensitization to the social context of managing
- Emphasis on ethical values and competencies together with analytical and functional skills
- Preparation for smooth and effective transition into managerial career
- Exposure to and experience with the ground reality of the society for proper attitudes and skills
- Building of hands-on experience of conducting business research
KUSOM BBA (Hons) / BBA (Emphasis), BBA* , BBIS** are open to Nepali and non-Nepali nationals with
- A 10+2 or Intermediate Degree or equivalent of at least two years duration in any discipline with a minimum of 40 percent in aggregate or CGPA of 1.6 on the scale of 4 from boards recognized by Kathmandu University
- For A level students, the eligibility requirements are three Advance courses with minimum 50 percent scores in aggregate and also an English paper which will not be counted in calculating score.
- Score of 50 percentile or above in Kathmandu University Undergraduate Management Admission Test (KUUMAT)
- Score of 50 percentile or above in analytical writing and personal interview after passing KUUMAT with the required score.