Bachelor of Science in Information Technology (BScIT) is a four years, 120 credit program designed to produce middle and supportive level IT practitioners. Accordingly, the program is a unique blend of Information Communication Technology (ICT) which covers a wide range of areas, from its theoretical, mathematical and algorithms foundations to leading-edge developments in computer intelligent system, robotics, computer vision, system design and development, bioinformatics, and data-mining/data warehouse. Consequently, the school believes the assortment of courses, offered in the program, produces competent IT human resources that not only cater to the need of both domestic and global markets but also thrive individually and professionally.
Successively, the degree empowers the students to function effectively applying the learned skill in socioeconomic design and development. Besides, the graduates will independently work in three distinct components as listed below:
- Develop effective methods to solve any types of computing problems
- Invent modern global ways to use computers in IT sectors
- Innovate, Design, Develop, and implement software according to global trend
Hence, this academic program provides students with a sound conceptual foundation and practical skills in various areas of ICT.
BScIT Program Learning Outcomes
The Bachelor of Science in Information Technology offered by PBS in affiliation with Westcliff University encourages students to achieve the following educational outcomes:
- Evaluate current and emerging technologies.
- Identify and gather user requirements to design user-friendly interfaces.
- Apply, configure, and manage IT technologies
- Utilize data to help business gain insights to help them make better decisions.
- Access IT impact on individuals, organization, and the environment.
- Apply IT concepts and strategies to solve real world problem.
- Conduct research in the field of information technology and related fields.
BScIT is an interdisciplinary program that emphasizes IT business and development. The program provides determined, skilled and qualified human resources to solve the real-life IT problems. The students, as an IT practitioner, are trained to apply and explore the fundamental IT business development concept with ethical and social awareness.
High School/+2/A-Level or equivalent degree in any discipline from recognized board of Nepal or from any other board across the globe recognized by HSEB board of Nepal. For A- level, 3.5 credit hours is required.
Student must complete 120 prescribed credit hours with a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher, including internship with report submission.