- Fee: Starting NPR 449,000
Bachelors of Software Engineering program is a 4-year (8 semesters) 133 credit undergraduate engineering program. Graduates of this program possess knowledge and skills of a defined engineering approach to complex systems analysis, planning, design and construction. The program has a unique, project-driven curriculum, establishing a new model of communication, teamwork, critical thinking and professionalism.
The goal of the program is to provide a professionally guided education in software engineering that prepares graduates to have a broad range of career options: industry, government, computing graduate program, and professional education. After the completion of this program, the graduates exhibit the following characteristics:
- Be agile software developers with a comprehensive set of skills appropriate to the needs of the dynamic global computing-based society.
- Capable of team and organizational leadership in computing project settings, and have a broad understanding of ethical application of computing-based solutions to societal and organizational problems.
- Acquire skills and knowledge to advance their career, including continually upgrading professionalism and technical skills.
- Have the ability to apply the modern and state-of- art tools and technologies for software engineering practice.
- Have the ability to apply software engineering perspective through software design and construction, requirements analysis, verification, and validation, to develop solutions to modern problems such as security, data science, and system engineering.
Software engineering is a young, challenging discipline that is still evolving as information technologies continue to open up new areas of exploration and potential. Engineers mix the theory and practice of computer science, engineering and traditional IT disciplines to create software that is reliable and works efficiently on real machines.
BE Software Engineering course explores the design, construction and engineering of large, complex software systems that meet information processing challenges within constraints such as cost, time and risk management.
- The candidates should have completed Class 12 examination of NEB or equivalent level from a recognized academic institution.
- The candidates should have studied at least one course (having at least 100 full marks or 5 credits) each in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- The candidates should have scored a minimum of 45% or a CGPA/GPA of 2.0 (in a scale of 4.0) and at least Grade C (in case of A-level, at least Grade D) or 45% in each subject (Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics).
The minimum criterion of Grade C (in case of A level, Grade D) or 45% does not apply to other courses or extra courses, if any. Candidates should have studied mathematics of at least 100 marks in Class 11 or class 12 examination of NEB or equivalent level.
Bachelor of Engineering (BE in Software Engineering is intended to produce quality, world-class graduates in this rapidly developing discipline. The degree has been specially designed in response to industry demand to produce graduate software engineers with large-scale software systems project capability. Graduates who can offer skills in these areas are in demand by business and government organisations concerned with software development on a large scale. Such skills are equally important to small projects and businesses, providing software engineering and integration services to government or large private organisations.
Graduates will be prepared for careers across all industries as applications developers, internet developers, programming specialists, systems programmers, and software designers, engineers, architects, consultants and developers.
- Software Engineers have a high scope in applications, systems and computer networks
- Focused to prepare highly technical and skilled programmer to compete with all IT and computer science graduates
- This course, Bachelors of Engineering in Software Engineering, is purely focused on software development which is required by all industry, Government organizations, and Enterprise Houses.
Why software Engineering?
- Software engineers are the professionals who apply computer science and mathematics to
- Design and develop software
- Perform testing and maintain the software
The curriculum of BE Software Engineering consists of 133 Credit hours course to be completed in a four years time. The details of the course descriptions are given below:
|1st Semester||2nd Semester|
|Engineering Mathematics-I||Engineering Mathematics-II .|
|Communication Technique||Mathematical Foundation of Computer Science|
|Problem Solving Techniques||Engineering Drawing|
|Fundamentals of IT||Object Oriented Programming in C++|
|Programming in C||Web Technology|
|3rd Semester||4th Semester|
|Engineering Mathematics- III||Numerical Methods|
|Software Engineering Fundamentals||Computer Graphics|
|Microprocessor & Assembly Lang. Pro.||Computer Organization & Architecture|
|Data Structure and Algorithms||Database Management Systems|
|Probability & Queuing Theory||Object Oriented Design & Modeling through UML|
|Programming in Java||Project I|
|5th Semester||6th Semester|
|Applied Operating System||Multimedia Systems|
|Simulation & Modeling||Computer Networks|
|Artificial Intelligence & Neural Network||Principles of Programming Languages|
|System Programming||Engineering Economics|
|Analysis & Design of Algorithm||Object Oriented Software Development|
|Organization and Management||Project II|
|7th Semester||8th Semester|
|Real Time Systems||Network Programming|
|Distributed Systems||Software Project Management|
|Enterprise Application Development||Elective II|
|Image Processing and Pattern Recognition||Major Project|
|Software Testing, Verification, Validation and Quality Assurance|