The Central Department of Public Health is a leading central department of Tribhuvan University dedicated to excellence in teaching, learning, and research, as well as the development of leaders in a variety of public health disciplines who make a difference in professional practice, health systems, and, ultimately, human lives on a local and global scale. It also contributes to clinical, nursing, and allied health science programs, as well as community medicine, public health practices, and research. Through community-based learning methodologies and a concentration on research in public health subjects, the department makes a significant contribution to the production of competent and socially responsible public health practitioners.
- Produce socially responsible public health workforce
- Develop public health discipline towards academic specialization and super specialization
- Advance public health discipline and service through research and innovation
- Foster public health researches locally, nationally, and globally
- Develop service-oriented academic and research activities.
- Supports various level governments to develop public health policies and programs
- Enhance linkage of public health education to public health practices.