The Central Department of Public Health (CDPH) is situated inside the Institute of Medicine (IoM), Maharajgunj, Kathmandu. The department offers bachelor, master, and doctoral programs under the public health discipline.
- The Department is dedicated to supporting the fundamental health rights of people within the nation and worldwide through excellent teaching and research in the field.
- Multisectoral collaboration and advocacy are adopted by the department with an aim to promote public health leadership locally and worldwide.
- The department also aims to create and sustain comprehensive development of public health education.
- The major goal of the department is to develop a competent and responsible public health staff that can safeguard and improve the healthcare system through evidence-based teaching practices.
- Produce socially responsible public health workforce
- Develop public health discipline towards academic specialization and super specialization
- Advance public health discipline and service through research and innovation
- Foster public health researches locally, nationally, and globally
- Develop service-oriented academic and research activities.
- Supports various level governments to develop public health policies and programs
- Enhance linkage of public health education to public health practices.
- Tribhuvan University
- public Institution