Exams are part of every student's life. During the course of our lives, we appear in various examinations through the levels as we progress into higher studies. Exams evaluate the competency, skills, and knowledge of the students. Standardized tests like this, shouldn't be an assessment of a student, but as we have this system of semester-end exams, we are forced to compromise on our liberty.
The things required during exam, preparation for exam and the process of taking exam is explained in detail.
Admit Card/Exam Card : This is the most important item that you should remember to take it with you. You are prohibited from entering the exam hall without this.
Pencil bag : It should include pens, pencils, eraser, sharpener and geometry equipment.
Long Ruler : Never be without a ruler. Borrowing someone else's ruler will waste their time, and will cause disturbance. A long ruler comes handy when making lines in-between two answers, to designate the beginning and end of the answers.
Calculator : This item is important for those who need to calculate numeric.
Wrist watch : This item is very important if one wants to manage their time properly. Not every classroom may have a clock, it'll be good to stay prepared.
Bottle of water: It's important to stay hydrated during exam.
1. As soon as the exam date is fixed, you have to map out the plan to study every subject in a balanced way.
2. For the entire period of exams, eat only nutritious food that is hygienic and drink plenty of clean water.
3. If there's any lessons that you have missed during the classes, assess whether they are important and study them right away.
4. The revision process should include making flashcards. Flashcards will help to prompt the mind, and prepare for any lessons.
5. It's a good idea to be studying until the very last minute, but you shouldn't be trying to learn new things, just brief through all the lessons you have already revised once. The very last lessons that are revised stay fresh in the mind.
6. Take the Question Bank (Collection of previous question papers) as a guideline while studying. Make sure that you can answer every question that had already been asked previously. There's a possibility of some questions being repeated, and also it gives the idea about how the preparation must be done according to question paper structure.
7. Have a full night sleep during exams. If the normal sleep cycle of minimum 6 hours to maximum 8 hours is disturbed, then it will hamper the effective performance during the exam.
8. Reach on time on each day of the exam, so that there's enough time to relieve the stress and discuss with friends about the subject.
1. Go to the washroom before the exam starts. Exams are usually three hours long, and frequently visiting the washroom will waste your time.
2. You are not allowed to have your mobile phone or any other device capable of storing or accessing data into an exam. As per instructed by the invigilator, you must keep your phone in your bag and put the bag away from your desk.
3. The first page of the answer-sheet will have information that needs to be filled up accurately, for example, symbol number, course name/codes, degree, institution, registration number, student's signature etc. These information have to be re-checked before submitting the answer-sheet.
4. Attempt the question paper by starting with the questions that are easy or you know a lot about them. You have to create good impression from the beginning of the paper. You have to make sure that you have a consistent writing throughout the paper. The examiner will doubt your credibility if one question is answered very well, and the next questions have been answered poorly.
5. While answering the question, think about it for few minutes so you can brainstorm some ideas. Write the ideas in an organized form in the answer-sheet with a pencil and erase it later. This is crucial if you want to have a cohesive writing that flows smoothly from one idea to next.
6. Usually, the short questions worth 5 marks shouldn't exceed a page, and the long questions should be lengthier based on the marks they carry.
7. Tick the question right away after finishing the answer. It helps you to keep track of what you have already completed, and how many questions remain to be answered.
8. Always finish the answers before final 15 minutes remain. The last 15 minutes of the exam time have to be allocated for revising the answer paper. This helps you to notice any grammatical errors, spelling mistakes or inconsistencies of paragraphs.
With all the tips in mind, you will be ready to ace the exam. All it takes is an organized approach and efficient techniques to handle the exam.