Kathmandu University, School of Arts, Department of Development Studies announces the opening of admissions for two -year Master in Human and Natural Resource Studies for the Fall Session of 2021 (starting August 2021).
The program emphasizes assisting students to:
- Acquire knowledge and skills concerning conflict, natural resources and community linkage, social development, information gathering and analyses, indigenous community-based knowledge systems and institutions;
- Develop capability and confidence to contribute nationally and internationally towards managing the human dimensions of natural resources faithfully;
- Be able to effectively conduct basis and applied research, and work in a team.
The program is highly participatory and students are expected to take an active role in the preparation and leading of class discussions.
- Form Submission Deadline: July 30, 2021
- Entrance Examination: August 2, 2021
- Interview: August 3, 2021
- Admission for selected students: August 5-20, 2021
Completion of a three-year Bachelor degree, or a Master degree, with a cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 2.5 out of 4.0 or an equivalent of 50 percent marks in the latest degree acquired will be the basic criteria. Also, securing an acceptable ranking in the entrance exam will be essential. The entrance exam will test the candidate's language proficiency and analytical abilities.
The new semester will begin from late August 2021.
For further information, contact:
Department of Development Studies
School of Arts, Kathmandu University
P.O. Box 6250, Kathmandu, Nepal
Tel: 5251306 / 5251294
Email: [email protected]u.edu.np
- Established 1996 AD
- constituent Institution
- 01-5251294, 01-5251306
- [email protected]