Kathmandu Model College is pleased to announce its international collaboration with King Sejong Institute Foundation (KSIF) - Yeoju Institute of Technology (YIT), Taekwondo Promotion Foundation (TPF), International Korean Culture & Study (IKC&S). A formal MOA & MOU Signing Ceremony organized digitally, marked by the presence of representatives from respective institutions as well as the Ministry of Education, Nepal. The ceremony commenced between 11:45 AM - 12:30 PM Nepalese Time followed by playing of the respective country's National Anthem, ceremony moderation by representative IKC&S – Mr. Terry Chang and opening speeches from the heads of partnering institutions.
- Kathmandu Model College: Mr. Surendra Subedi (College Chief) & Mr. Rajendra Sharma (Manager Internal Quality Assurance & Communications)
- King Sejong Institute Foundation (KSIF) - Yeoju Institute of Technology (YIT): Mr. Kochi Chae (President Yeoju University) and Ms. Yeom Bo Mi (International Office Team)
- Taekwondo Promotion Foundation (TPF): Mr. Oh Eung-Hwan (Chairperson)
- International Korean Culture & Study: Mr. Chang (CEO)
- Ministry of Education, Technology & Science: Mr. Baikuntha Aacharya
- Valley International Institute: Mr. Subhash Rai (Managing Director) and Mr. Himal Gadtaula (Finance Team)
“We are very happy with this collaboration and effectively look forward to having Nepal-Korea Cultural Exchange through Education, Language, Sports & Technology for the development as well as empowerment of Youths in Nepal” said Mr. Subedi in his opening speech during the ceremony. He believes this partnership shall not only bring advantage for students of KMC but also for the rest of Nepal. He was thankful towards International Korean Culture & Study and Valley International Consultancy for connecting KMC for such a social development program. The current collaboration is an extension of the vision set by KMC to make itself an institution of “International Repute”.
“We are hoping that this collaboration will lead to more exchange in educational programs between a Korean university and one of the top leading colleges in Kathmandu” said, Mr. Chae (President, Yeoju University). “We are excited to work further through this opportunity and will support as much as we can alongside our partner in KMC”.
King Sejong Institute is the brand name of Korean-language institutes established by the South Korean government around the world since 2007. The institute's name refers to Sejong the Great, the inventor of the Korean alphabet. Yeoju Institute of Technology is a private higher educational institution in Yeoju County, southeastern Gyeonggi province, South Korea. As of 2012 the status of the institution has changed to a university.
“This collaboration between TPF and KMC will bring new perspective for Nepali to learn and understand more about the Taekwondo, said Mr. Oh Eung-Hwan, (Chairperson, TPF). He further added, we are so grateful that this opportunity is given to our foundation, through this collaboration, spread of Taekwondo in Nepal youths is believed to be more effective and the exchange of cultural events are exciting for us. We will always support alongside our partner KMC.
Further to this partnership, a dedicated wing for Korean Language & Culture Studies shall be set up in the KMC Balkumari unit, to facilitate the agendas of agreement & understanding between the parties. Under this partnership both the parties shall mostly conduct:
- Facilitation of the learning of Korean language, culture, & sports (taekwondo)
- Events to raise awareness about the both Nepali and Korean culture & celebrations
- Cross country exchange programs for high school & college students
- Facilitating possible credit transfer & educational placement of interested students in Korea for further education.
- Vocational & Skills Development Workshops for youths of Nepal
Mr. Baikuntha Acharya, representative, Ministry of Education, conveyed his (govt’s) support towards this initiative and wished institutions of both the country good luck, success & prosperity in future endeavors. He was happy to see KMC (a reputed educational institution) taking this partnership ahead.