Research Center for Educational Innovation and Development (CERID) is a national research center that works in the field of education in Nepal, and it is dedicated to enhancing educational quality and academic performance via research, training, and creative initiatives.
CERID is a prominent educational research organization that has carved different paths to research and academic achievement since its foundation. It has been accurately defined as the first educational institution of its kind, with a broad reach and openness to everybody. CERID was founded in 1975 as a government branch of the National Education Committee to carry out innovations and research to improve education quality. It was then turned over to Tribhuvan University (TU) in 1979 with the intention of playing a proactive role in coordinating efforts to improve the quality of education within the academic environment of TU with core professional researchers.
CERID conducts regular research activities, including publications and seminars, on the regular funding it gets from Tribhuvan University. CERID is continuously looking for and bidding on externally supported initiatives because of its competence, experience, and knowledge.
- Educational Research (basic, secondary and higher education policy, technology and content),
- Early Childhood Development (ECD), Non-formal and informal education; research and development; educational governance, evaluation, management and monitoring,
- management and monitoring,
- Capacity building (human resource development, trainings),
- Seminars/ workshops/ dialogues,
- Research infrastructure development and strengthening,
- Public services, and staff and organizational stewardship.
- To produce knowledge through engaging in evidence-based research and development initiatives in order to link education and development,
- To make the creation, planning, and implementation of educational policies easier,
- Institutional capacity building in the educational sector, and
- To distribute and discuss research findings and experiences.
- Educational Planning and Management
- Educational Information System
- Alternative forms of Education
- Secondary Education (Environmental Education, Science Education)
- Early Childhood Development and Elementary Education
- Higher Education