Martin Chautari (MC) is organizing the Chautari Annual Conference in Kathmandu, Nepal on 21–22 April 2019. The aim of this conference is to promote research culture in the humanities and social sciences in Nepal. MC invites submission of abstracts of research papers or abstracts of the theme-based panels from eligible researchers or institutions who will have completed their research by the abstract submission deadline. Special theme of the conference is “Education in Nepal,” but abstracts and panels are welcome on other themes as well.
- The theme of the research should be related to Nepal; comparative work is also welcome provided that Nepal-related content is substantial.
- Young researchers are highly encouraged to submit the abstracts.
- Abstracts can be in English or Nepali and should not contain more than 500 words.
- The title of the proposed paper, a short description of the research base, and the paper’s main arguments/findings must be clearly stated.
- Abstracts for panels should consist of its title and a brief description, and the abstract of each paper in the panel should also be included.
- A one-page CV of the authors including their current contact details should be attached to the abstracts.
- The receipt of abstract submission will be acknowledged by e-mail.
- No remuneration will be provided to paper presenters, panelists or discussants. However, outstanding papers can be submitted to MC’s publications.
- All participants, including paper presenters and discussants, are expected to make their own arrangements for travel and accommodation themselves.
- Accepted paper presenters and panelists need not pay the registration fee in the conference.
- Call for abstracts: August 31, 2018
- Abstract submission deadline: November 30, 2018
- Announcement of accepted submissions: December 15, 2018
- Deadline for the full paper: March 20, 2019 (max 5,000 words) submission
- Announcement of accepted papers: March 30, 2019
Conference Days: April 21-22, 2019
Abstracts and queries should be sent to: [email protected]
For further information, contact to:
Conference Organizing Committee
27 Jeetjung Marg, Thapathali, Kathmandu, Nepal
Phone: (+977 1) 4102027/4238050/4102243