UGC proposes to encourage graduate students and young faculties to entrepreneurs under the Entrepreneurship Support Program (ESP), which is a key initiative under the Nurturing Excellence in Higher Education Program (NEHEP) implemented UGC. UGC will provide course development grants to Huis, proposal development funds to eligible faculties and graduate students, and start-up seed funds to young faculties and graduate students to run small, medium, and large-scale enterprises. UGC invites Universities/HEIs to submit an LOI focused on entrepreneurship training for start-up seed fund grants to graduate students and young faculties.
- Deadline for application submission: Mangsir 07, 2022 (November 23, 2022)
- Applications can be submitted directly to the UGC office or via Email: email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org/
Priority themes for entrepreneurship training and start-up seed fund grant
- Agriculture, food resources, agriculture technology
- High-performance (smart) materials and products
- Clean and renewable energy
- Global warming, green economy, and carbon neutrality
- Climate change and the Environment
- Social inclusion and gender equality
- Population dynamics and human mobility
- Other areas have the potential for growth and impact such as IT All Universities/HEIs are eligible for the application of LOL. However, Universities/HEIS should not have received any similar funding prior to application.
LOI should include the following information:
- Basic information about the Universities/HEIs/Incubation centers
- Research Management Cell (RMC) establishment date
- Total full-time faculty members
- Faculty members directly involved in
- Collaboration with other academic institutions
- Collaboration with enterprises
- Accomplishments of RMC (in brief)
2. Entrepreneurship-specific information
- At least one-page strategy paper to promote partnership with the private sector, to develop relevant course content, and engage experts during content preparation, training, and incubation
- Other information supportive to develop entrepreneurship
Note: Along with the LOI, HEIs are requested to submit a concept note/proposal no longer than 1.5 pages describing the vision for conducting the entrepreneurship support program.
Please download this document for more information about the NEHEP Program Documents, Standards, Operation Policies, Guidelines for Collaborative Research and Entrepreneurship programs and the operation manual.
Standards, Operation Policies, Guidelines for Collaborative Research and Entrepreneurship programs