1 year(s)3 month(s)
TSLC in Civil Engineering program is designed to prepare competent general civil sub-overseers equipped with knowledge, skills and attitude especially, in the area construction Engineering & Technology of building construction, water supply, irrigation and road and trail bridges sectors.
They can provide services in the growing infrastructure development industries (civil construction companies and consulting firms) government institutions (centre and local level), local as well as international non-governmental organizations or can start their own business in the country as well as abroad.
Aim: TSLC in Civil Engineering programme aims to prepare competent civil sub-overseer in the area of construction technology, water supply, road and trail bridges and irrigation sectors.
Objectives: After completing this curriculum program, the graduates will be able:
1. To provide services as a basic level technician in the field of civil engineering;
2. To conduct detailed surveying works for the establishment of small scale rural water supply and hill irrigation scheme;
3. To draw drawing of small scale rural scale rural water supply scheme, small scale irrigation structures and minor residential building.;
4. To supervise civil construction works such as building construction, water supply, road and trail bridge in growing infrastructure development industries, government institutions (centre and local level), local as well as international non-governmental organisation; and
5. To create self-employment opportunity to reduce the unemployment problems this helps to alleviate the poverty in the country.
Target Group: The target group for this training will be all the interested individuals of the country with academic qualification of SLC pass. Preference will be given to the individuals of rural, poor, female, Dalit, Janjati, Disadvantaged Groups (DAGs), conflict affected people and the disables. Target Location: The target location of this training program will be all over Nepal.
Group Size: The group size of this training program will be not more than 40.
Medium of Instruction: The medium of instruction will be in English and/or Nepali language.
Pattern of Attendance: The students should have 80% attendance in theory classes and 90% in practical/ performance to be eligible for internal assessments and final examinations.
Individuals who meet the following criteria will be allowed to enter into this program:
This course will be completed within 15 months (12 months on institution + 3 months OJT). The duration will be 52 weeks/1560 hours on institution and 12 weekss/ 480 hours on-the-job assignment for issuing successful completion of the course.
The program is designed on the basis of 20% theory classes and 80% practical classes. The provision of On-the- Job Training (OJT) is included to establish a linkage with employers and provides hands on work experience to students and promote employability of graduates.
This is a competency based curricular program. This program emphasizes on competent performance of the task specified in it. In this programme, 80% time is allotted to the competencies and remaining is allotted to the related technical knowledge.