CTEVT has discontinued offering Pre-Diploma in Ayurveda (AAHW) Programs from 2020.
Pre-Diploma in Ayurveda (AAHW) program is designed to produce lower level human resources in the field of Ayurveda equipped with knowledge, skills and attitude necessary for this level of technicians so as to meet the demand of such technician in the country.
This program provides skills and related technical knowledge necessary to be a competent Auxiliary Ayurvedic Health Worker (AAHW). There will be both demonstrations by instructors and opportunity for the trainees to perform skills/tasks necessary for the technician. Trainees will learn skills usingtypical tools/equipment/material and supplies necessary for the program. Trainees successfully completing the program will be able to assist for prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of common diseases/health disorders through Ayurvedic approach.
Trainees will be able to preserve and promote their health through the art of healthy living and advice the community for the same. Again this program provides the skills/knowledge necessary for the trainees to be self employed in the field of Ayurveda in the days to come.
This program also includes On-The-Job-Training (OJT) in which the trainees are placed on the job under the supervision of the supervisors in the related hospital/health post/Institute. It aims at the trainees be familiar with and get experience of the world of real work and gain skills/knowledge that are new or not covered in the training institute.
The aim of the programme is designed to equip trainees with skills and principles/knowledge of Ayurveda to make the trainees competent in the application of these skills/principles/knowledge for the prevention and cure of human diseases/disorders as well as preservation/promotion of human health.
After completing this curricular program, the students will be able:
- To be familiar with concept of Aayu, Ayurveda and its history and evolution.
- To be familiar with anatomy and physiology of human body.
- To assist & perform general examination of the human body.
- To be familiar with Dravyaguna-vigyana, its basic principles and identify common medicinal plants.
- To be familiar with essential Ayurvedic as well as allopathic medicines available in health posts & sub-health posts.
- To be familiar with Rasa-shastra, preparation and dispensing methods of common Ayurvedic formulations.
- To be familiar with the basic concept of personal hygiene, promotion of human health and prevention of diseases.
- To be familiar with diagnostic methods, general management of common diseases/ disorders and referral to appropriate centre.
- To be familiar with the concept of health education and environmental health.
- To be familiar with laboratory report of the patient.
- To be familiar with the signs, symptoms and simple management of diseases related to Shalya and Shalakya-tantra.
- To perform first aid procedures & assist senior practitioner in pre-surgical and postsurgical procedures.
- To be familiar with reproductive health, gynecological disorders, antenatal and postnatal care, child health and common diseases of the children.
- To assist in antenatal, postnatal care and other gynecological and obstetrical procedures.
- To be familiar with health management system of Nepal.
- To perform data collection, record keeping, making charts and filling the Ayu forms.
Target Group: The target group for this program will be all the interested individuals of the country with academic qualification of SEE pass.
Target Location: The target location of this program will be all over Nepal.
Group Size: The group size of this program will be not more than 40.
Medium of Instruction: The medium of instruction will be in English and/or Nepali language.
Pattern of Attendance: The students should have minimum 90% attendance in theory classes and practical/performance to be eligible for internal assessments and final examinations.
Individuals who meet the following criteria will be allowed to enter into this program:
- Should have passed SEE
- Should pass entrance examination administered by CTEVT
- Final selection will be made on the basis of merit list.
- Candidates should submit the following documents at the time of application
- SEE pass certificate o Character certificate
- Citizenship certificate (for the name, parents' name, age, date of birth and address verification purpose only)
- Special quota for different category of students will be as per the policy of CTEVT
- Preference will be given to female, Dalit, Janajati, Conflict affected people and Disadvantaged Groups ( DAGs)
The graduate will be eligible for the position equivalent to Non-gazetted 2nd class/level 4 (technical) as Auxiliary Ayurvedic Health Worker or as prescribed by the Public Service Commission.
The graduate is eligible to enlist with the Nepal Ayurveda Medical Council or for registration with Nepal Health Professional Council in the grade as mentioned in the concerned Council's Act.
The graduate will also be eligible to study Certificate in Medical Science (Ayurveda and General Medicine).
This course will be completed within 18 months/76weeks/2520 hours; including 12 weeks (480 hours) On the Job Training (OJT) with supervision. The 3 months (480 hours) OJT will be compulsory after completing final exam.