- Fee: NPR 395,000
MTech in Information Technology aims at developing IT professionals with proper tools and skills who can take care of the current and the future needs of IT industries, research development and production activities. The primary notion of this program is to provide IT specialization to the candidates from varied science background. The duration of this program is 2 years.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q. Do you have part-time or evening graduate progams?
- A. No. Kathmandu University only offer Full Time programs.
- Last time I was rejected. Can I apply this time?
- Yes. Kathmandu University encourage you to apply.
- Can KU waive or defer the application fee?
- No. You must pay application fee. Otherwise, your application will not be processed.
- Will I be notified if something is missing from my application?
- Yes. University will contact you. But University encourage to check every documents before you submit.
- Will I be notified about Interview List and Admission List?
- Yes. KU publish the list of applicants in its website:www.ku.edu.np. We will also get information in your mail.
- What is the cost of each graduate program?
- NRs. 297000 (2 Lakhs Ninety Seven Thousand)
- Does Department accept transfer credit?
- Is transportation service available to graduate students?
- No. You have to either use your own vehicle or stay near by University.
- Is hostel service available to graduate students?
- No. You have to rent a room outside University.
- How do I pay my regular tuition fee?
- Department provides you a fee structure page to every student. You have to deposit the amount as mentioned in fee structure – 3 or 4 times a year.
- How do I apply for Teaching Assistantship?
- To apply for TAship, you first need to be graduate student. Department will announce the vacancy for Teaching Assistant later. Every one graduate student of KU are eligible to apply.
- What is Formula Funding and how do I apply for it?
- Formula Funding is the Full Scholarship provided by University Grants Commission (UGC). Only 10% of total student in each program will receive this scholarship. Department will announce the Notice in October/November. Every student is eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Can I defer my admission?
- Yes, you can. But you will NOT be refunded.
Candidates with a score of at least 50% in aggregate or CGPA 2.0 out of 4.0 grading system from any recognized institution, and
- Undergraduate in Engineering / Technology / Architecture / Computer Application (with honors), or
- Total of at least 16 years of education with a science background, or
- M.Sc. in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Statistics, or any other related field.
Admission Test/ Interview: A written admission test of 1.5 hours would be conducted focusing on core computer subjects. The test would comprise both objective and subjective questions and would weigh 70% of marks. Only those securing a minimum of 40 marks in the written test would be selected for the interview. Successful candidates passing both the written test and the interview would be selected for admission on the basis of merit list.
Admission Test Syllabus for ME Computer Engineering/ MTech IT/ MTech in AI
- Programming Basic structured programming concepts (Data Types, Operators), Object Oriented Programming Concepts (Objects, Class, Inheritance, Polymorphism)
- Data Structure and Algorithms Stack, Queue, Lists, Hash table, Sorting and Searching algorithms
- Database Management Systems Relational Database Concepts, ER Diagram, Normalization, Transaction
- Software Engineering Software Process Models, Planning & Scheduling, Testing
- Artificial Intelligence Problem Solving through Search, Logics, Current Trends in AI
- Computer Networks Basics of Computer Networks, TCP/IP, Physical Layer, Network Layer, Data Link Layer, Concepts of IP Addressing
Note: All six subjects carry equal weightage.
Curriculum: MTech in Information Technology: Kathmandu University
|Semester and Course||Semester and Course|
Semester I 15 Credits
Mathematical Foundation for Computer Science
Advanced Software Engineering
Data Structures and Algorithms
Semester II 15 Credits
Database Management System
Semester III 15 Credits
Semester IV 15 Credits
The elective section includes Adaptive Web Technology, Computer Networks, Computer Architecture, Computer Graphics, management of Information System, Information Security, OOAD, Technical Entrepreneurship, Ingredients for Innovation, Artificial Intelligence, Multimedia Technology, e-Government, Software Project Management, Research Methodology, Software Quality Assurance, Software Architecture, eCommerce, Human Computer Interaction.