Master of Science in Meat Technology program combines graduate education with innovative research possibilities and a wide range of professional development options. The program includes animal physiology and fresh meat quality, muscle physiology and biochemistry, meat processing technologies with unique ingredients and equipment, and new preservation and packaging approaches.
- To provide the students in-depth theory & practical knowledge of Microbiology, Statistics, Bio-chemistry, Food Chemistry, Dairy/Meat Processing Engineering, Environmental Engineering, product development, marketing..
- To provide the students with actual field experience by visiting the industries as well as providing 3-month in-plant training.
- To provide knowledge in Research methodology, R&D project planning, Quality assessment and industry/enterprise management.
The Candidate must have passed B.Tech. or B.Sc. (Food/Dairy/Bio-Technology), B.Sc. or B.E. Agriculture, B.V.Sc. & A.H., B.Sc. Biochemistry, B.Sc. Microbiology or equivalent degree from any recognized University with minimum 50% marks or CGPA 2.40 (C+ grade) in aggregate.
Candidates interested in applying for this course must undertake the PU entrance exams. Students will be admitted on merit basis.
In case of foreign certificate, students should submit an equivalent certificate and grading of each subject with CGPA or total percentage document from the concerned authority.
Food technologists have a wide range of job prospects in the food industry. Depending on their subject of interest, graduates of this degree may discover a number of job opportunities such as:
- Food Research and Development Technician
- Food Market Researcher
- Food Production Supervisor
- Meat Technologist
- Regulatory Officer
- Quality Assurance Manager
- Food and Meat Safety Specialist