The M.Sc in Communication and Knowledge Engineering program of Tribhuvan University aims to provide students with expertise in the field of computer systems and knowledge engineering, mainly from the perspective of hardware and software developers and programmers. It emphasizes the design, development, and programming of computer systems and computer engineering. The program has a particular emphasis on embedded hardware and distributed software systems.
Knowledge engineering involves integrating knowledge into computer systems in order to solve complex problems requiring a high level of human expertise. At present, it refers to the building, maintaining, and developing of knowledge base systems. It has domains such as artificial intelligence, including databases, data mining, expert systems, decision support systems, and information systems. Knowledge engineering is also related to mathematical logic, as well as strongly involved in cognitive science and socio-cognitive engineering where the knowledge is produced by socio-cognitive aggregates and is structured according to our understanding of how human reasoning and logic works.
Optional courses, along with the individual project, enable students to tailor a particular specialization to their own careers. As well as professional, analytical, and management skills, students gain technical skills and knowledge at an advanced level.
The main objectives of the course are to:
- to produce highly competent professionals in the field of computer system and knowledge engineering
- enhance the analytical skills and problem-solving capability in handling current issues in the computer system and knowledge engineering
- impart the theoretical background that students will eventually call upon to strategically manage teams of computer system and knowledge engineering, professionals
- develop research skills in students to make them capable of carrying out sound research in computer systems and knowledge engineering
Enrollment Capacity: 20 Students
- Candidate must have passed 4 years B.E. in computer engineering/B.E. in electronics and communication engineering/ B.E. in electrical and electronics engineering/ or equivalent
- Have undergraduate grades significantly above average and not less than the prescribed by the faculty board of IOE, and
- Secure minimum score, as prescribed by the Faculty Board of IOE, in the entrance test conducted by the Entrance Board of IOE (or as recommended by special entrance committee for Foreign students)
Note: Equivalence means the same kind of degree obtained from institutes other than TU and recognized by TU as the equivalent to the degree provided by TU in the same discipline.
The candidate willing to appear in the entrance examination to get enrollment into the M.Sc. program should fill and submit the Application Form online within the deadline prescribed by the Entrance Exam Board. Application forms will be available on the websites: www.ioe.edu.np/entrance or http://entrance.ioe.edu.np. The application procedures are as follows:
1. The candidate should deposit the required amount as an application fee for the entrance examination in Account No mentioned in the notice by submitting a specially prepared voucher often by filling the applicant's name and date of birth in it. The voucher No. indicated in the voucher needs to be specified in the online application form.
2. The candidate must select the appropriate entrance stream.
3. The candidate should fill up the other required fields in the form without skipping any steps.
4. The candidate also needs to upload his/her color photograph of the prescribed specification and one of the following identification documents.
- Citizenship certificate
- Last exam admit card
If any change has to be done on the submitted information in an application form, a candidate has to pay an extra fee to edit six or fewer numbers of normal text fields. For name, photo or ID document correction, he/she has to pay more amounts at ICTC and submit a letter of request for correction with the payment voucher.
Seat/Quota distribution for M.Sc Program
- One seat in the regular category and One seat in the full fee category are reserved for female candidates in each program
- One seat is reserved for IOE faculty. For IOE Reserved Quota, priority will be given to permanent IOE faculty. If there are no applicants from permanent IOE faculty, then priority will be given to faculties who have completed 5 years as contract faculty. If there is no applicant in the IOE reserve quota, it is added to the Full Fee Seat. 1/4th of the sponsored quota is reserved for Foreign students.
- Priority for the sponsored quota will be as follows:
- 1st Priority: Candidates from government offices & Government Owned Organizations or Companies
- 2nd Priority: Other Organizations
- If applications are not received in sponsored/foreign category, then the seat will be fulfilled as the full fee category.
|1||Information Security and audit||4||40||60||100|
Elective courses will be offered as per the availability of resource persons. The list of electives are as follows:
- Web Information System
- Human Computer Interaction
- Geographical Information System
- Decision Support System
- e-Government System
- Multimedia System
- Object Oriented Distributed System
- Real Time System Design
- Computer System Simulation
- Data Warehousing and Data Mining
- Semantic Web
- Grid Computing
- Genetic Algorithm and Data Mining
- Fuzzy Expert Systems and Fuzzy Reasoning
- Speech and Language Processing
- Software Reuse
- Embedded System
- Smart Systems: Algorithms and Tools
- Advanced-Data Mining: Algorithms and Applications
- Engineering Decision Analysis