- Fee:NPR 2,299,000
Doctor of Medicine in Paediatrics is a three-year postgraduation course.Paediatrics is the branch of medicine that deals with the medical care of infants, children, and adolescents, and the age limit usually ranges from birth up to 18.
- MBBS or equivalent from institutions recognized by the government of Nepal.
- Registered in Nepal Medical Council.
- Registered in the respective medical council of the applicant's own country for foreign candidates.
- One year experience (Except for MDGP and MD/MS in Basic Medical Sciences excluded).
- Candidates should score a minimum of 50% (Pass marks) in the Entrance Examination conducted by Medical Education Commission for being eligible to be on the merit list.
- Single best response type with Multiple Choice Questions.
- Four options (A,B,C,D).
- No. of questions: 200
- Recall: Understanding: Application: 30:50:20
- Duration: 3 hours including one-time voluntary toilet break (To be allowed only after an hour).
|3||Obstetrics and Gynecology||12|
|Basic Medical Sciences|
|18||Community Medicine + Research Methodology (6+4)||10|
|20||Questions related to mandatory CPD (Medical ethics, rational use of drugs, infection prevention, BLS/ACLS, communication skills)||10|
Student Selection Process
The selection process employs written test consisting of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) and Situational Judgment Tests (SJTs).
MCQs: There will be MCQs based on the undergraduate medical curriculum and this test aims at assessing the candidate’s core medical knowledge.
SJTs: Situational Judgment Tests are Aptitude tests used to assess individual’s reaction to a number of hypothetical scenarios. The content of SJTs reflects the work, education or training related situations. The test has been shown to predict performances across a range of medical professionals and medical student admission. It has added value (incremental validity) over other selection methods.
The applicants should obtain minimum of 50% score both in Paper I (MCQ) and Paper II (SJT) separately, to pass the entrance examination. Preferential marks will be given to candidates working in the Government Health system. Based on the scores of the written exam and the additional preferential scores (as per number of years worked and Human Development Index-HDI of work place), a merit list (Master List) will be prepared. Also a separate list of successful candidates under reservation category will be prepared.
The result will be prepared based on the total scores. The result processing will be as follows:
- A merit list, of all the applicants who have passed, will be prepared (Master list)
- Candidates for the 90% of the total seat will be selected from this Merit list
- For the remaining 10% (Reservation) seats, the highest ranking candidates from the list of applicants under reservation category, excluding the candidates who have already been selected as above (Refer to ii)
- The final list of successful candidates combining ii and iii, equal to the number of total seats, will be prepared.
- Citizenship certificate
- Nepal Medical Council Registration Certificate (Temporary/Permanent)
- Leave approval letter from Ministry of Health for permanent Government employee
- For candidates under reservation category, the original copies of submitted additional mandatory documents
If none of the applicants in the reserved category meet the minimal standard set by PAHS in the entrance exam or if there is no eligible applicant from this category, such seat will go to the best candidate among the open/general category.
In the event that there is a tie in the total score, the aggregate percentage in the MBBS or equivalent will be taken as a deciding factor. In case of second tie, the MCQ score in entrance test and in case of third tie, SJT score in entrance test will be taken respectively as the deciding factors.
Counseling and Subject allocation
The top ranking candidates equal to the number of seats, including 10% candidates from reservation category, will be called for counseling and seat allocation, according to the merit list. The candidates have to be physically present at the time of counseling.
If any seats remain vacant after first counseling, the seats will be allotted to the remaining applicants on merit basis. If the reservation seats remain vacant, the candidate from the reservation category will be called based on the merit list. In case the seats in open category remain vacant, the candidate from the Master list will be called. For each vacant seat, 1:10 candidates will be called based on the merit.
The successful applicants will have to complete the admission process within the officially announced time frame. Failure to do so will automatically lead to cancellation of the seat for the candidate.
If there are any seats which have not been filled at the end of the date announced, applicants will be called for subsequent counseling according to the merit.
The decision of the Admission Committee will be final.
AT THE TIME OF ADMISSION THE SELECTED CANDIDATES MUST BRING THE ORIGINAL COPIES OF THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS AND FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN CANCELLATION OF ADMISSION PROCESS.
Mark Sheet of SLC/SEE or equivalent
Mark Sheet/ Transcript of 10+ 2 or equivalent
Transcript and Certificate of MBBS or Equivalent
Internship completion Certificate
Certificate of work experience (post Internship)
No Objection letter from currently working institute
Candidates selected for admission into the MD/MS program at PAHS do not have to pay the Tuition fee. They are required to pay the following fees (Table 1) within the given timeframe.
Students and their guardians are requested to deposit all the fees within the given timeframe. There will be a late fee charge of Rs. 150/day if the dues are not cleared within the given timeframe.
TABLE 1: FEES TO BE PAID BY THE SELECTED CANDIDATES
Rs 30,000 (One time)
Nepal Medical Council Fee
Rs 5,000(One time)
Rs. 30,000 (One time)
Rs. 20,000 (Onetime)
Rs. 10,000 (per annum)
Rs.30,000 (per annum)
Examination fee for Supplementary Exam (in case of failure)
Rs, 20,000 (per attempt)
Health Insurance Fee
Rs. 3,000 (per annum)
Mandatory Service obligation
All candidates who have been selected for MD/MS will have their tuition fee waived. They will have to sign a written agreement agreeing to fulfill the required mandatory service obligation before they are admitted into the program. Parents/ guardians of these candidates will also be required to be present for endorsing the bond. Under no circumstances will any candidate be exempted from this obligation. PAHS Act mandates the provision of withholding candidates’ Final certificate till the obligation has been fulfilled.