- Fee:NPR 2,381,760
In MD (Internal Medicine), the training is done in Bir Hospital, Shree Birendra Hospital, and Patan Hospital. During second year rotation posting, the residents are rotated in different sub-specialties.
In Bir Hospital and other specialized hospitals like Shahid Gangalal National Heart Center, B.P. Koirala Memorial Cancer Hospital, Mental Hospital and Shahid Surkharaj Tropical Infections Diseases Hospital.
The goal of the MD program is to prepare clinically competent, compassionate and academically sound human resource in Internal Medicine.
At the end of the course of study the candidate should be able to:
- Manage all medical emergencies independently with confidence.
- Able to explain the pathophysiology of diseases.
- Diagnose and manage all medical problems.
- Counsel individual, family and community on prevention of diseases and promotion of health.
- Be familiar with research methodology by writing thesis on relevant health problems.
- Educate members of the team working with him/her.
General entry criteria of National Academy of Medical Sciences for MD/MS program are applicable, which is as follows.
- Candidates should have MBBS or equivalent degree recognized by the Nepal Medical Council.
- Candidates should have minimum two years of work experience in Government, University or other similar recognized hospitals after temporary registration with Medical Council.
- Candidates should achieve minimum 50% marks in the written MCQ type entrance examination.
- For selection of the candidates, 60% of the marking would be as per the markings of the written examination, and rest 40% would be given as followings:
- Experience in remote areas as per the classification of Ministry (2 years X maximum number 10%): 20%
- PG diplomas from a recognized university in the concerned subject only (Diploma holder in one subject can not apply in other subject): 5%
- MBBS or equivalent (>75%: 5; >60%: 4; >50: 3): 5%
- ISc or equivalent or certificate in health sciences (>60%: 5; >45%: 4; <45: 3): 5%
- SLC or equivalent (>75%: 5; >60%: 4; >45: 3; <45%: 2): 5%