Get notified when enrollment starts?
- Fee:NPR 1,085,870
MD Forensic Medicine is offered in Tribhuvan University institute of Medicine, Maharajgunj Campus and its affiliated colleges.
Academic/Administrative rules and regulations for PG Students / Residents
- The P.G. students will go through a full time residential training.
- Must obey the rules and regulations of IOM
- A total of two week leave is permitted in one year in hospital based clinical/para-clinical programs (MD/MS, MDS and MD Ayurveda)
- In other P.G. programs vacation/leave will be as per T.U. regulation.
- All P.G. programs are strictly non-practicing; therefore PG Students/Residents are prohibited to undertake private practice of any kind or any other private assignment.
- All clinical programs (MD/MS, MDS and MD Ayurveda) will have three months community-based teaching - learning as per Nepal Medical Council’s requirement.
- As per Ministry of Health & Population directives, all clinical program candidates will have to serve for one year at a place assigned by the government after completion of the course. This applies to only Nepalese candidates.
- MBBS or equivalent from institutions recognized by the government of Nepal
- Registered in Nepal Medical Council
- Registered in the respective medical council of the applicant's own country for foreign candidates
- One year experience (Except for MDGP and MD/MS in Basic Medical Sciences excluded)
- Candidate should score a minimum of 50% (Pass Marks) in the Entrance Examinations conducted by Medical Education Commission for being eligible to be on the merit list
- Single best response type with Multiple choice questions with four options (A, B, C, D)
- No. of questions - 200
- Recall:Understanding: Application–30:50:20
- • Duration – (3 hours including one-time voluntary toilet break- to be allowed only after an hour)
|3||Obstetrics and Gynecology||12|
|Basic Medical Sciences|
|18||Community Medicine + Research Methodology (6+4)||10|
|20||Questions related to mandatory CPD (Medical ethics, rational use of drugs, infection prevention, BLS/ACLS, communication skills)||10|
Selection for admission
- All Nepalese/Foreign students will have to appear in common entrance examination.
- Merit list for Nepalese/Foreign students will be published separately.
- Must secure a minimum of 50% marks in entrance examinations.
- Admission will be on merit basis in open house counseling wherever applicable.