- Fee:NPR 1,085,870
The MD Community Medicine and Tropical Diseases teaching include training the residents in public health disciplines, community-based clinical and public health activities, Research Methodologies, clinical postings to Internal Medicine including Tropical Ward, Gynaecology and Obstetrics, Paediatrics, GP & EM, Psychiatry, Orthopaedics, Ophthalmology, clinical Laboratory and Urban and Rural Health facilities. The residents are trained to supervise the LIF, FHE, assist and participate in community-based residential postings of CDP, EpidMan, HealthMan for the UG. Routine teaching-learning activities are carried out by the residents as seminars, journal clubs, recent advances and socio-clinical case presentations on weekly schedule.
- MBBS or equivalent from institutions recognized by the government of Nepal.
- Registered in Nepal Medical Council.
- Registered in the respective medical council of the applicant's own country for foreign candidates.
- One year experience (Not mandatory for MD/MS in Basic Medical Sciences and Foreign candidates)
Candidates should score a minimum of 50% (Pass marks) in the Entrance Examination conducted by Medical Education Commission for being eligible to be on the merit list.
- Single best response type with Multiple Choice Questions.
- Four options (A,B,C,D).
- No. of questions: 200
- Recall: Understanding: Application: 30:50:20
- Duration: 3 hours including one-time voluntary toilet break (To be allowed only after an hour).
|3||Obstetrics and Gynecology||12|
|Basic Medical Sciences|
|18||Community Medicine + Research Methodology (6+4)||10|
|20||Questions related to mandatory CPD (Medical ethics, rational use of drugs, infection prevention, BLS/ACLS, communication skills)||10|